• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I was out of my mind at the time and thinking of the wrong name entirely. I meant to put midnightbiker.:doh::doh: thats two fails in one post. Do I get a medal or gold star?

I've done so many discs this season, here's a handful that I'm certain are in hand and after XMAS --

Steal Your Chains on a Crystal Z Buzzz, the stamp was still "Discraft" deep but no bleeds, and I left the white stamp underneath on, removable if he likes.
5293704876_7cd0eb8ce0.jpg

Tuesdays Child on a Pro Katana, this is a friend's band logo.
5293108805_412c0dd0f5.jpg

Chairman Meow on a Glow Champ Orc. I hear you saying, "but Bennett, you've done this before!" Yes, but that original white Star Orc was lost recently, so I dyed him a replacement, a Glow, so hopefully he won't lose it so easily!
5293109115_f483f0f76b.jpg

Boston Red Sox on an Ion -- I wish you could've seen the original color, the outline is still that color but you can't see it well in the pic, it's a "creamsicle" orange, and it really makes the logo look "vintage." Two crack bleeds on B for the remask, I hate mistakes but own up to them when they happen. :( Still, this is a SICK disc, and on a Ion it's just beautiful. and shiny.
5293109317_169b5ef504.jpg

And some more....

Avalanche shoulder logo on an Ion.
5293706134_654d054546.jpg

Jesus Quintana fingerpoint on an Ion. This was done from scratch, took a long time working in Illustrator to create all the paths, but if someone wants the .ai or.eps file, I'll gladly share :hfive:
5293706294_72819bc342.jpg

Ole Miss script logo on a Star Wraith, turned out so great, pic doesn't do the colors justice, real deep and true!
5293109633_ac7a107b01.jpg

since he already got it, i'll show it off. it's from bcr123psu (he designed it in Microsoft word, i think), i dyed it, and bcr gifted it to woodcutter.

my first "submerge" dye in a long time

^ Sweet!

I'm thinking of dyeing my DGCR number on my DGCR Star Eagle X. Any ideas as to how big and where I should dye the number? I'm thinking I want it on the front with the stamp.

So I ran out of red, but had a little purple left to try and finish it off, looks nice like they are fighting in the snow or something. Champ Teebird.

this is sweet, u should do red marble over it, i really like how 2 different marbles look together, like my mako

Attachments

• Star Mako.jpg
    Star Mako.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 41
^ Sweet!

I'm thinking of dyeing my DGCR number on my DGCR Star Eagle X. Any ideas as to how big and where I should dye the number? I'm thinking I want it on the front with the stamp.

You could do a repeating sequence of your number all around the outside edge of the disc in like 1" heigh letters so you could keep the stamp on, then only you would know the true order of the numbers.

Here's a new one I finished up. The dye turned out kinda cool, I think I could tweak it though and make it better. The disc itself is an amazingly soft HPP Apache that feels so nice.

Venom vs. Carnage
picture.php

Everybody is doing nice work. I like to see all the ideas that people come up with.
I have learned a lot from this thread and my dyes are improving. Thank you.

This broke my heart. I put a lot of work into this and my goof off caused the dye to run. I had already cold rinsed and put this thing in the freezer, and it was prime for cleaning.

ESP Buzz

DSCF1705.jpg

White 172 Elite X XL

Couple of issues probably end up hanging it in my office at work.

DSCF1707.jpg

I love GL Plastic!

174 River

Selling this at our local New Years Tournament or maybe in the Marketplace

DSCF1708.jpg

177 Core

Selling this as well

DSCF1711.jpg

WOW THAT IS ONE BIG GIANT INYOURFACE SIGNATURE!
:p In fact, it's so big it resizes the whole page! Any chance you can make it a bit smaller? I know you want to sell your dyes, no problem there, just make it as wide as your photos are and it'll be golden!

My webiste is HighFlyDyes.com....I hope nobody gets us confused! Although I don't think it would be such a bad thing :D And we both have the Cincinnati chili element...I haven't had any time to work on the site -- I need to put the Rit away and get the site revamped again!

Status
Not open for further replies.