• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm calling this Disc Golf Island.

Attachments

• DSCN9113.jpg
    DSCN9113.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 134
My first dye, the Warhol Banana from The Velvet Underground album cover

Simple, one color, used disc
Purposely off center, also each banana slightly different

Turned out fairly decent....
The photo was taken with some smart phone so the definition isn't that great.
No bleeds, tight sharp lines

picture.php

this is mine that i did today, i know that its off center, my son hit my elbow when i was laying it down:thmbdown:

thanks to dgdave for the vinyl

if you write punisher of the punisher to the lower right of the pic it will make it look not so off center... awesome disc tho!

Nice dye koogs, that island is pretty funny. Mandos, OB, what more does a single hole course need?

Just finished this for a local guy at the course:

Champion Boss
Champion%20Boss%20-%20Semper%20Fi.jpg

Planet of the Apes Grape Ape. Crazy hard to get a good pic of how awesome this purple is. The rim is really deep purple with a light pink halo.

Attachments

• Planet of the Apes Disc.jpg
    Planet of the Apes Disc.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 112
One of the highlights of my BG Ams experience was seeing the PhlyDyes banner and getting to meet Philman! As I'm sure is true with so many in this hobby, his work is so much more impressive when you see it in person.
Not to knock anyone down, but there were some other dye/plastic companies out there, and no one even held a candle to the level of Philman, in my book at least!
I'll be up to hit Idlewild and Banklick in late May, hope I can catch a round with you my friend!

Thanks Bennett.
Shoot me a pm when you're going to be here and we'll get together. If you can, KY State are April 23rd and I'm signed up. It's an all day B Tier at Idlewild.

My first dye, the Warhol Banana from The Velvet Underground album cover

Simple, one color, used disc
Purposely off center, also each banana slightly different

Turned out fairly decent....
The photo was taken with some smart phone so the definition isn't that great.
No bleeds, tight sharp lines

picture.php

I have a yellow star katana that I want to do the same thing on. (get it, katana/banana?) A yellow ape would be a good target for this too.

nice work, Playa

I have a yellow star katana that I want to do the same thing on. (get it, katana/banana?) A yellow ape would be a good target for this too.

nice work, Playa

I have the banana cut and ready to go for when my yellow ape gets here :D
blue one got here first though :(

I like the colors on that one. I wish it were possible to extend the red pattern all the way to the border of the logo.

ZBoaz, you did a great job on the skin tone for your flick-the-bird dye! What blend of colors did you use to create such a tone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts