• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got some time to work on my own disc, and this is what I did with it:
111218_132039.jpg

I drew the stencil as a single color stencil, but my GF convinced me to make it multicolor. I had to remask 3 more times, but it is a nice trade-off to wiping the rainbow stamp off the disc(left a ghost stamp too, sucks). I left a lot of the lines uneven and wavy, as they originally were in the concept drawing, and I think it gives it a nice, one of a kind, vintage look to the Echo Star Archon.
Oh yeah, I used this to test my new iDye colors(the blue and green), and they are so much better than Rit.

Oh yeah, I used this to test my new iDye colors(the blue and green), and they are so much better than Rit.

The difference is almost night and day, you can some how pull really true colors off of disc colors I have had trouble with using RIT. I agree too, the wavy lines gives it a really good feel, everyone is going to think it's a lightning disc now though;). Wait until you get the red!

Awesome Opto River, LoPan.

On another note, my dye business was featured on an Arts and Crafts blog this week, after my interview last week. I had to give a big mention to DGCR, and the dye forum in particular. Yall can check it out here:http://adorningschemes.blogspot.com/, if you want.

Thanks all! Dsplayname is right, its an Opto River. Actually a light pink one, dyed with Fuchsia and Wine

On another note, my dye business was featured on an Arts and Crafts blog this week, after my interview last week. I had to give a big mention to DGCR, and the dye forum in particular. Yall can check it out here:http://adorningschemes.blogspot.com/, if you want.

"It's pretty rewarding, and a little frustrating sometimes, to see other dyers trying to imitate my style and copy my techniques."

lol...

holy crap - I found that mayan calendar vector a while ago but decided I would have to be insane (or severely unemployed) to try that! beautiful!

"It's pretty rewarding, and a little frustrating sometimes, to see other dyers trying to imitate my style and copy my techniques."

lol...

I lol'd too....and when he said he can get finer detail by hand than with a plotter....all done with a razor blade...and the 'favorite design' that is actually someone else's from DeviantArt...and that a bleed-covered replica of one of my first tutorial dyes is on there...and that the whole thing starts with his Mom at WalMart....

"I love doing dyes that I know other dyers can't match." That sounds like a CHALLENGE!

"44 courses in two states" -- 41 of those are in your home state! Gotsta getcha outta Jawja! Come over to the upstate of South Carolina, we'll show you around anytime. Some great tracks up here.:clap:

Keep up the good work tho, Dsplayname! Just poking a little, ain't it fun? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.