• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ethics of the "Ace Replace"

That's why whenever I have the opportunity to buy twins (discs that are the same color, same weight, same color stamp) I do. That way, if I lose one (or Ace with it and retire it), I have a twin replica that I should be able to make do the same thing (provided I beat it in the same way).
DSCJNKY

Retiring your ace disc is like breaking up with somebody because you had sex with them once.

Plastic is generally cheaper than dating.

I don't date plastic, or have sex with it, so I cannot make the same comparison.;)

I guess ethics may not really be quite the right word.

So i'm of the thought that you should have discs to throw. I've never really wanted to put my plastic up on the wall, nor do I really have the cash to justify doing so. So subsequently I play the plastic I have, and sometimes lose it.

I lost a double ace disc this season, and have been holding out a little hope it would come back. I think I may have come to terms with the loss, so I'd like to replace it.

As we all know, there's no such thing as "replacing" a disc. Grr.

It sounds to me like you are asking something different than we are all responding to. Are you saying this: I lost a double ace Orc and it has not been returned. Should I buy another Orc to replace it?

Answer: Of course...you obviously have a good feel for this particular disc, why wouldn't you get another one???

If I ace a hole, chances are that it's with one of my discs that I use often. I've lost 3 of the discs that I aced with, leaving only one remaining. Sure it would be nice to have them, but I don't have the money or the desire to throw them on the wall at this point in my life.

I have been working with my TL for a month or so and really starting to get it beat a little and learning it's secrets. I just got my first ace ever last week with it and thought I was going to retire it, but I really love this disc and I have thrown it since. Nothing can take the memory of that ace out of mind. A disc is a disc in the end.