• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The first time you "got" it

It's been a long slow process for me. I learned to play over ten years ago, but didn't start playing seriously until about 3 years ago. For the first seven years, there was almost no improvement and I was ok with that. I was only playing a few times a summer. Since I started playing regularly tho, there have been a few "aha" moments.

When I really sucked, a guy told me to use my whole body to fling my arm instead of just throwing it like a frisbee. That was probably my first improvement. Then, sometime later, I learned how to grip correctly (I had a ridiculously stupid grip for the longest time). And about 6 months ago I slowed down my runup and completely reworked that. It's improved consistency, snap, and power. So those are the biggest three.

Already had it in '79---I could throw my lid 93 yards[if you think that's short, try it. Good luck]. Just had to convert to golf discs in '02. Age keeps trying to sap my distance, but little tweaks in form and lighter discs keep my best drives in the 375'-400' range.

Last edited:
Already had it in '79---I could throw my lid 93 yards[if you think that's short, try it. Good luck]. Just had to convert to golf discs in '02. Age keeps trying to sap my distance, but little tweaks in form and lighter discs keep my best drives in the 375'-400' range.

:hfive: your bombing the **** out of it man! Motivator :thmbup:

Finally started working on my putting. It is really the only thing keeping me from being competitive with the better players here. I never really researched how to grip a putter or a style to throw. Then I saw someone post a video of a putting explanation. I finally understand how to grip correctly so I have a consistent release on my putts. I am just getting it dialed in but I feel like this will finally elevate my game to the next level. Thank goodness! Usually If I beat people it was because I could out distance them on longer courses, but I would get slaughtered on short courses.

Latest posts