• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Fluid

I think I saw that they can't make max weight fluid judges yet? I may have just made that up, I don't remember...

I'd like a fluid felon though. For some reason I think a really flat and gummy felon would be awesome for overhand and spike hyzer shots.

Yeah the advantage of having some gummy plastic in the summer is to avoid huge deflections. It's the reason I prefer Crystal FLX Zones and am interested in Fluid Truths and hopefully eventually Frost Pures.

So I bought a Fluid Truth and Judge last weekend and play a bit with them in around 8 Celsius (46 Fahrenheit), they grip was not good, slip out of my hands a couple of times.

Now i'm in Finland and went out to throw today -3 celsius (26 Fahrenheit), they where a lot more grippy and didnt flex as much, a lot more stiff, so today they work great with the grip.

The Judge flies just like a little beat soft judge, pretty much the same stabilty, supprise how confomtable it is to put with when it is cool, and off the tee a pretty solid straight dics for driving.

The Truth supprise me alot, I got a 174 gram, orange with doom. It is more understable than my Fuzion Truth. I was expecting the same amount of stability or even a bit more stable than Fuzion, well I was wrong. Let me say it is not a bad disc because of this, I can defently find use for it. The thing is that my Fuzion Truth is straight for days, no turn and a predical fade in the end. The fluid Truth will, when it is hyzer flip, turn to the right and ride for a long way on a smooth anhyzer, it will come back in the end, but from where I threw it, it will land to the right side around 10 meters (32 feet) of me. The fuzion will land to left of where I threw it around 10 meters (32 feet).

I was missing that understable slot in my bag since I was planing to beat in my Fuzion Truth and then get a new one, once it was beated in, but I guess I dont need to now.

Overall the grip when it was warmer might be a issue, but for winter golf they are staying in my bag, I will see how they feel when it gets warmer, since when they beat in in time they might get more grippy as other disc.

Last edited:
Just bought a Fluid Judge today. Took it out to the field and threw it the granular melting snow and mine has a real nice grip when wet.

I think I saw that they can't make max weight fluid judges yet? I may have just made that up, I don't remember...

I haven't heard that at all. Doesn't really seem like it would be true. It's literally opto with a different flex. I can't say I remember seeing a true "max weight" one but I've seen 174 and 175 I think in numbers so I'd say there are also 176g ones too. Hell I might even have one. I don't look to hard on weights. Most stuff I'm fine with as long as it's 170+ and sometimes I look for lighter if I want to try it out.

Yeah the advantage of having some gummy plastic in the summer is to avoid huge deflections. It's the reason I prefer Crystal FLX Zones and am interested in Fluid Truths and hopefully eventually Frost Pures.

frost pure could be pretty sweet.

frost pure could be pretty sweet.

That would be great.
I haven't had any desire to try any of the new plastics.
I don't throw any of the molds it's come out in.
(Except for the Diamond on occasion will stray into my bag.)

That would be great.
I haven't had any desire to try any of the new plastics.
I don't throw any of the molds it's come out in.
(Except for the Diamond on occasion will stray into my bag.)

I'm way more excited for the new base line plastic than I was about fluid/frost. I mean the fluid is exactly what I was telling people at DD I wanted for winter and I'm pretty sure they had that in the works with Lat64 for a while but it's a very situational need. Now the "prime" the really cheap and season-easy baseline is going to be a game changer for those who like the trilogy molds but remember back to the days when DX was awesome. Not that r-pro mimic gimmick now. I want something slightly soft but buttery and grippy. From what I've heard that's exactly how it is.

It's figured out the problems of the molding process. Apparently the drivers when molded in classic plastic didn't cool right and got weird domes on them. So this plastic solves the issue and seasons faster. So I can get some judges and really beat them up to understable. I can get some escapes and turn them into rollers or hyzerflip to turnover discs. I can beat up a renegade hopefully to a distance turnover or roller disc. Make a seasoned trespass in base grippy plastic that can beat into long S curves for me.

I love the premium plastic but I'm still a little old school. I want that base plastic grip and glide that can be seasoned in 3 months not 3 years.

Spent a lot of time playing in 45 degree weather this week and I wish I had more GStar and FLX, and less Fluid/Frost. The grip on Gstar is superior in cold temps, followed by FLX and then Fluid. Heck, my Gold Line Rivers stayed softer and grippier than my Frost Rivers. :(

They'll be hitting the marketplace tonight/tomorrow if anyone's interested. 2 frost rivers and 2 fluid truths.

Spent a lot of time playing in 45 degree weather this week and I wish I had more GStar and FLX, and less Fluid/Frost. The grip on Gstar is superior in cold temps, followed by FLX and then Fluid. Heck, my Gold Line Rivers stayed softer and grippier than my Frost Rivers. :(

They'll be hitting the marketplace tonight/tomorrow if anyone's interested. 2 frost rivers and 2 fluid truths.

You're selling them all as new, so did you test them next to gstar and flex or what? Not really a true test comparison if not.

You're selling them all as new, so did you test them next to gstar and flex or what? Not really a true test comparison if not.

I threw the two listed as 9.5/10's, neither hit trees ever and probably saw 10 throws each, just grass and saturated dirt that wiped off clean. I also had bagged GStar Teebird, Gstar Teebird3, FLX Surge, Crystal FLX Zone, GL Rivers, Bio Truths, Classic Truths.

I consistently got better grip from everything listed above except the bio truths. It was about the same, but I don't like the dome and the flight pattern of the Fluid truths. Wonky low speed fade. At one point, I handed my frost river and gl river to my buddy at leagues and asked which one felt better to him, he said the GL river. Then I handed him the Gstar T3 and he said the T3 without hesitation.

Your mileage may vary but this plastic isn't nearly what I expected for cold weather play.

I threw the two listed as 9.5/10's, neither hit trees ever and probably saw 10 throws each, just grass and saturated dirt that wiped off clean. I also had bagged GStar Teebird, Gstar Teebird3, FLX Surge, Crystal FLX Zone, GL Rivers, Bio Truths, Classic Truths.

I consistently got better grip from everything listed above except the bio truths. It was about the same, but I don't like the dome and the flight pattern of the Fluid truths. Wonky low speed fade. At one point, I handed my frost river and gl river to my buddy at leagues and asked which one felt better to him, he said the GL river. Then I handed him the Gstar T3 and he said the T3 without hesitation.

Your mileage may vary but this plastic isn't nearly what I expected for cold weather play.

I have a fluid truth in my hand now and a lucid. The fluid is noticeably more flexible and grippy. I have used my fluid during a few rounds so maybe they get better with play. It's like breaking in kc pro plastic, it gets better with age.

So all I'm saying is maybe you were comparing a new disc to other discs that were beaten into perfection. You just need to compare apples to apples to get a fair comparison.

I have a fluid truth in my hand now and a lucid. The fluid is noticeably more flexible and grippy. I have used my fluid during a few rounds so maybe they get better with play. It's like breaking in kc pro plastic, it gets better with age.

So all I'm saying is maybe you were comparing a new disc to other discs that were beaten into perfection. You just need to compare apples to apples to get a fair comparison.

This is my cold weather bag which is all bright colors and no white (except for these rivers) for the winter foliage/snow, so it is pretty fresh for the most part. The disc that has the most rounds in it is FLX Zone (maybe 10) but it still feels and flies like the day I got it.

I dunno. Maybe I got some odd stiff versions but all 4 feel the same. They're all out in my truck experiencing the same temperatures. I'm selling them for low prices so maybe you could pick yourself up some backups !? :D

hey guys let me start by saying I love the truth, I always bag a couple of them. picked up a first run 169 fluid truth from my buddy about a month ago. I loved the way the plastic felt but it seemed like it didn't fly near as far as my lucid truths. has anyone else experienced this, am I crazy.
I gave it away yesterday because I just couldn't throw it.

hey guys let me start by saying I love the truth, I always bag a couple of them. picked up a first run 169 fluid truth from my buddy about a month ago. I loved the way the plastic felt but it seemed like it didn't fly near as far as my lucid truths. has anyone else experienced this, am I crazy.

Should have gotten max weight. Especially on mids and putters.

My 2¢

Truths are likely to be more overstable in Fluid than Lucid so they tend to need more speed to fly as far. I just compared the parting line height between my brand new Fluid Truth and a Biofuzion one, and it's slightly higher in Fluid (which also has more dome). Haven't thrown it yet but I expect it to have a healthy fade.

Well, after 5 months of silence, how is Fluid holing up for you guys?

I bought a first run Fluid Judge for winter driving and approach duties and while nice and grippy, it lost it's stability pretty quick compared to the Fuzion. Handled a few of the newer runs last week and they were kind of slick and not as grippy. Did they change something?

Fluid Truth, been in my bag since the release, little US when thrown hard but when thrown cleanly holds any line still, and as it warms up I'm still preferring the frost, fluid, elasto blends for the grip, and they really do help avoid wicked bounces by dumping energy into what it hits

Well, after 5 months of silence, how is Fluid holing up for you guys?

I bought a first run Fluid Judge for winter driving and approach duties and while nice and grippy, it lost it's stability pretty quick compared to the Fuzion. Handled a few of the newer runs last week and they were kind of slick and not as grippy. Did they change something?

Holding up grrreat. My fluid truth and fluid escapes are still more OS versus other plastics. Especially fuzion, any fuzion I've ever had has been less stable than lucid...

And I just bought a sweet fluid judge that is oh so grippy and stable just a couple weeks ago. So, that's my experience to date. They worked extremely well in the rain here and are good for less skips too. But, it isn't quite summer so we'll see how the sun and heat affects the plastic and grip and so forth.

So far I am really happy with it, it's a hit with me and I prefer to Gstar. And I have been a fan of gstar and still throw that as well too.

I got the Truth and Judge in Fluid, but not using them that much.

I bag the Truth when it's windy and use it as a directly replacement for the Fuzion one if there is slight headwind. In calm days I can manage with the Lucid/Fuzion + Verdict combo.

The Judge on the other hand is used only on 1 disc rounds as it does everything ok. Normally I use Opto Pure and Medium Shield, but neither really works for 1 disc rounds.

Then I recently got a Fluid Felon and that thing is a meathook! I mainly got it out of curiosity. Basically it is too beefy for me to use it on BH and I don't like the sticky feel on the FH. So not much use for this either.

Plastic feels nice and holds up pretty well. Just haven't found a mold I would need. I think the Frost Pure would be the one I'd bag immediately.

Last edited:

Latest posts