• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Groove is my farthest disc...

the_pwnerator

Eagle Member
:gross:

No..frigging..joke.

I had been discing down for about 4 months, and decided to try out my boss the other day, and ended getting more distance on it than anything else.

So I decided that I would look at the other high speed drivers that I had shelved, and low and behold, the groove is my true calling apparently.

At my home course, there is a 753 foot hole that I made it to in TWO throws. I was still 40 foot from the pin, but it was to the right of the pin. I usually have to take three to get that far. So apparently, I'm throwing 375ish now...with a GROOVE :|

Edit:

Oh and I missed my eagle attempt :(

My buddy bombs a groove as well. Dark blue.

Hey if you can get it to work. More power to ya. Shouldn't have a hard time stocking up on backups.

I say throw it. I love when players find their own way. I hope you beat everyone with the groove. I also have suspected for a long time that the groove is extremely nose angle sensitive and prone to poor form disasters. If your form is perfect and clean I'm sure you can bomb it.

What? If you're really good you probably can throw even crappy discs really well? nooooooo way!

a lot of the so called crappy discs out there simply have a small window of sweetness (which makes them crappy) In other words they must be thrown perfectly to fly well. The SL is another very nose angle release angle sensitive disc. The groove is probably the most sensitive of them all....but if thrown with perfect form it flies a long way

Well the groove is crappy b/c they mold up super inconsistently and are really nose angle sensitive and the groove gimmick doesn't really do anything. The SL is kinda nose angle sensitive but not nearly as much as the groove. The SL is an alright disc but is competing against a lot of other discs in the same speed/stability range that are way better and more popular.

I can through an SL okay but am not nearly good enough for a groove.