• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

As soon as the new year hits and we get actual news I think we need a whole new thread for the actual topic, this one is just a disaster.

Agreed. At this point the horse is but mere bits of dust, floating wistfully through the depths of space; earth is a memory long since past. There is nothing but the void.

I have been told that "Uli will never leave Prodigy" by folks who ought to have a good grip on the situation.

This is sad to hear... I really like Uli but I don't understand Prodigy. With Jerm leaving I guess that makes him top prodigy dog for a while if he can stay healthy. It'd be great to see more of him this year.

Note on the Marty/Prodigy vids: 1) love Marty's coverage 2) I always laugh because I assume they have Marty cover those specific rounds because of Prodigy players however almost every round shows a Prodigy player losing a lead or choking.

Jordan Castro has left lat 64 for innova, if the innova team site is to be believed

It's amazing the the amount of bad-mouthing Prodigy gets on this forum. I don't see it to this level with any other company-not even close.

Castro to Innova is the most surprising Pro sponsorship change for me personally this year. More so than the "big" names yet to come.

It's amazing the the amount of bad-mouthing Prodigy gets on this forum. I don't see it to this level with any other company-not even close.

I wonder about this too. It feels like the perception is that they somehow did Innova wrong and that is playing out.

Still haven't seen anything fixed on Jerm leaving Prodigy. Before the BW timeout, a poster swore up and down that he was going to the star team because said poster heard it live. But I've not seen anything written.

I don't bad mouth them, but I was very put off by their hype-filled launch. And none of their plastic I tried worked for me.

I wonder about this too. It feels like the perception is that they somehow did Innova wrong and that is playing out.

I've seen badmouthing of Prodigy, but I never saw anything related to Innova. It seemed that most of it was Paige-Pierce-related. How Innova has anything to do with that or much else to do with Prodigy, I am not seeing it.

All three of their founders were Innova sponsored (Greenwell, Wolfe, and Arthur), what do you expect?

Okay, did they bad mouth innova on the way out. Clearly with a name like Prodigy the we're trying to show their ties and possibly some respect, to Innova.

They started a competing company. Bad mouth or not, they're taking food out of Innova's mouth. I know you understand that.

I bad mouth Prodigy, but that's because they don't make a 22mm driver. 25 is too wide for my tiny hands. That, and for all the logic of their disc naming system, there's none for their plastic.

Every manufacturer hypes their product, why should prodigy be different? My question is, why can't they hold onto their pros?

The funnest manufacturer comments come from Dave D. I love it when he looks at some company's Disc and goes, "oh yeah, that's an Aviar." Not that innova doesn't copy things others do. For a long time watching them and discraft chase each other around was a hoot. And of course the Atlas is just a (insert MVP disc name here). Not to mention the very hyped Nova.

They started a competing company. Bad mouth or not, they're taking food out of Innova's mouth. I know you understand that.

True, but that doesn't answer the direct animosity that seems palpable. Has to be that Innova feels betrayed or the three did it in a "sneaky" fashion. There doesn't seem to the same dynamic with Triology or even their arch nemesis, Discraft.

Latest posts