• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Paul and Nate will not be leaving Innova for a long time if my interactions and observations are correct. Both are pretty loyal to them. Ricky and Latitude are in good standing, but he does a good job of supporting all 3 companies. Simon and Eagle are under contract, but you never know, Discmania guys are weird like that.

Conrad was the only one of those guys that's constantly at the top that I could have seen moving, but now that Innova has promoted him to the Star team, I can't see him leaving anytime soon.

I think after this next season you could maybe see Austin Turner entertaining some other offers, but that's just because you don't really hear too much as to what the Discraft contracts look like. Paul mentioned in the Smashboxx comments the other night that he knew of at least 6 player's that pulled in 6 figures this past season, can't remember off the top of my head if that was just Innova players or not, even if not I can't see any Discraft players pulling that in.

Doss could possibly be making that much depending on how much his Sig discs are pulling in and how much he gets from each one.... How many sig discs does he have anyway? Chally, Ti Buzzz, and Z Force, anything else? Also, he has the deal with Grip now, so he should be making something off of that too.

Last edited:
This thread makes every manufacturer sound like an NFL Franchise's war room on draft day. :popcorn::popcorn:

This thread makes every manufacturer sound like an NFL Franchise's war room on draft day. :popcorn::popcorn:

Not sure that's a bad thing.
Sure is a departure from the good ole boys network that we had when I started (2008). After all, that's part of the entertainment value of any sport nowadays - to speculate on loyalty, attitude, pay, trades, etc.

Not sure that's a bad thing.
Sure is a departure from the good ole boys network that we had when I started (2008). After all, that's part of the entertainment value of any sport nowadays - to speculate on loyalty, attitude, pay, trades, etc.

My comment wasn't meant to be editorial, just more of an observation.

It's fine to get excited about this, no harm no foul, but I do admittedly roll my eyes a little when the speculation turns the corner into assuming all of the pros are just hunting max contracts all the time.

so why did legacy's poster boy go to dd. not like I could blame a guy, but really isn't dd pretty well weighted down.

at least with a small company like legacy you have a chance of standing out. now peter is in the shadow's unless he has a super big year..

but man it would be hard to give up the icon outlaws for sure. I throw a fair amount of dd/trilogy (what the hell do I call this company now). But I got choices..

Now, I know why nikko has a mixed bag. the best of best requires more than one company for sure!

So who does Legacy have left? Rico and Hokom? Rico doesn't travel as much any more. Do they have any lesser known pros other than Charlie Goodpasture?

So who does Legacy have left? Rico and Hokom? Rico doesn't travel as much any more. Do they have any lesser known pros other than Charlie Goodpasture?

AJ Risley is still on the team. He played pretty good in the video footage I watched this year.

AJ Risley is still on the team. He played pretty good in the video footage I watched this year.

Don't know if it's true, but they let it slip on DG News and Brews that he is moving to DD too. Again this is all second hand info at best, so I don't know if its fact or not, but MurderMike let it slip and Carl was like bro that hasn't even been announced yet.

so why did legacy's poster boy go to dd. not like I could blame a guy, but really isn't dd pretty well weighted down.

at least with a small company like legacy you have a chance of standing out. now peter is in the shadow's unless he has a super big year..

but man it would be hard to give up the icon outlaws for sure. I throw a fair amount of dd/trilogy (what the hell do I call this company now). But I got choices..

Now, I know why nikko has a mixed bag. the best of best requires more than one company for sure!

Not sure it's a matter of "standing out" or not when we're talking about one's ability to pursue the touring life. Does it really matter where he ranks on his own "team" when it comes to who provides him the best support for what he wants to do?

This is no slight on Legacy, but DD simply has deeper pockets and a greater support system for players. If Legacy can only "pay" (sponsor) up to X amount, and DD can offer X+Y, and Y is the difference between staying on the road full time versus having to take time off here and there to work a real job and pay some bills, or the difference between sleeping on floors and coasting from town to town on E versus riding around in a consistently gassed up sleeper van or RV, it's a no brainer. Even if it means going from being the "big fish" at one company to being one of many equal fish at another.

I know I'm late to the party here but I'ma a newer player and I was wondering what's up with the in the bags I've been seeing lately (they're all a few years ago) that feature players like Uli being sponsored by Innova and DD? I'm pretty sure I saw Nikko with a vid like this and Emac as well. Did DD not used to make discs or was it just okay a few years back to have multiple sponsors? thanks for your knowledge.

Did DD not used to make discs or was it just okay a few years back to have multiple sponsors? thanks for your knowledge.

DD wasn't a disc manufacturer up until a few years ago.

Any clue in where Nikko may land this year?? He likes to run through sponsors lol I think I actually remember seeing him sponsored by jomez pro in one tourney last season

Gateway Discs said on their Facebook a few weeks ago to look out for a Nikko signature series Prophecy, which is a new mid range they released. I assume that means he will be sponsored by them, but will still throw a mixed bag.

DD wasn't a disc manufacturer up until a few years ago.

Gateway Discs said on their Facebook a few weeks ago to look out for a Nikko signature series Prophecy, which is a new mid range they released. I assume that means he will be sponsored by them, but will still throw a mixed bag.

So does gateway allow their players to throw a mixed bag?? Bc it would seem to me that would be counterproductive. But wtf do I know? Thanks for that though.

So does gateway allow their players to throw a mixed bag?? Bc it would seem to me that would be counterproductive. But wtf do I know? Thanks for that though.

Gateway has always allowed their players to use mixed bags, mainly due to not having a deep enough variety of discs to satisfy players. It is my understanding that they reward players who do throw exclusively Gateway more than they do the mixed bag folks.

They also don't really have much of a roster of sponsored players anymore. They once did, including John E McCrae and Nikko as headliners, but most of them have moved on to other companies that are able to provide more. Nikko is back with them in part because his uncle owns the company and in part because he's been through most of the other companies and has worn out his welcome with some of them (or vice versa in some cases).

Latest posts