• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Maybe she will get a West Side disc, because she is a west-coast woman? It would make sense for them to try and start pushing that brand that they now own half of? Or maybe not?

A bit surprised about Zoe. Was she unhappy with Innova? DD give her a better deal?

I think the assumption has to be that she got a better deal. That's generally the reason any player changes sponsors.

Wouldn't surprise me if part of her deal is DD throwing some hefty support behind her DGUPlay initiative. DGUPlay and DD's Junior line seem like a great marriage.

I think the assumption has to be that she got a better deal. That's generally the reason any player changes sponsors.

True, though Valarie Doss left Innova out of unhappiness (per her own statement). Hence, my wondering about Zoe.

Wouldn't surprise me if part of her deal is DD throwing some hefty support behind her DGUPlay initiative. DGUPlay and DD's Junior line seem like a great marriage.

That does sound like it would be a good thing for her and for DD.

It's a good deal for both sides.
Zoe & Dustin get better promotion for their "brand" from DD's marketing (a.k.a. Cool Daddy Slick Breeze). I expect them to get the same attention as Tina & Erik did this past year.
DD improves their West Coast presence and gets their discs into young hands via DGUPlay. If it were not for Zoe's DGUPlay, I believe there would have been no deal. DD is all about selling discs.

That's great for her, we will have to see what it is.

In the video Dynamic put up on youtube she was really talking up the Suspect. She talked about 4 discs. Two were the Defender and the Deputy which is already Paige, and the other was the Truth. The way she was talking about the Suspect though makes me think that could be the one.

Anyone else find the Zoe-Dustin video to be a little over the top sappy? They sounded brain washed, on too much punch in a new religious cult.

Got nothing against either one of them and yeah, they're disc golfers not actors, but it did seem rather creepy.

Anyone else find the Zoe-Dustin video to be a little over the top sappy? They sounded brain washed, on too much punch in a new religious cult.

Got nothing against either one of them and yeah, they're disc golfers not actors, but it did seem rather creepy.

They seemed to be excited, maybe a little nervous about being on camera. Didn't think it was over the top...

She specifically mentioned support for DGUPlay in the Ultiworld article.

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2017/12/01/keegan-andyke-head-dynamic-discs-2018-season/

Major quote from the article for thos who don't want to click on it (as an aside, Steve Hill has done an absolutely FABULOUS job growing this part of the sport. Love Ultiworld!)
Andyke said that she and Keegan would be amplifying their efforts to bring her Disc Golf Universal Play non-profit, which helps integrate disc golf into physical education curriculum, to a wider platform with Dynamic's assistance.

"Last year we were able to reach 6,393 students," Andyke said. "This projected year of 2018, Dustin and I, we hope to more than double that."

Everything about those brands is cultish.

Wait. I thought disc golf WAS a religion. Have I been acting too sappy and over the top for nothing?

Yeah. I used to throw quite a bit of Trilogy when I started, but the longer I'm around and the more I see of these videos and the characters I see around me who are Trilogy fans, the more it gives me the Heebie-geebies. :sick:

I hate cults, just as much as I hate the fanboys who recruit for those cults. :gross:

I dislike when players talk about a company's discs with authority immediately after signing. I'm sure they have tested the discs out, but they are still very much figuring out the line/offerings. Big Jerm's first Innova in-the-bag has little connection with his bag now, but that didn't keep him from raving about discs he barely knew and that left his bag 43 days later. But, they are signed to sell and boast about discs, so that's what they do.

DD is cultish in that everyone very much stays on "brand" often at the expense of their own personalities. Can come across as creepy.

The looks on Zoe's and Dustin's faces look like hope and dreams to me. This may be because they are young people who just became gainfully employed, and know that their prospects in life just improved. The looks on their faces are mirrored in the looks of countless other earnest young (or older) people who likewise intend to do the best for their employers that they are able, and be worth their paychecks. I expect that there are many members of these forums who might remember feeling just the same thing at some time in their lives, and who want the same for their children and grandchildren.

I'll take looks of hope and dreams on young peoples faces over the cynical criticisms of those who thoughtlessly denigrate them any day.

Good for you Zoe and Dustin! You make me proud.

Yeah. I used to throw quite a bit of Trilogy when I started, but the longer I'm around and the more I see of these videos and the characters I see around me who are Trilogy fans, the more it gives me the Heebie-geebies. :sick:

I hate cults, just as much as I hate the fanboys who recruit for those cults. :gross:

I dislike when players talk about a company's discs with authority immediately after signing. I'm sure they have tested the discs out, but they are still very much figuring out the line/offerings. Big Jerm's first Innova in-the-bag has little connection with his bag now, but that didn't keep him from raving about discs he barely knew and that left his bag 43 days later. But, they are signed to sell and boast about discs, so that's what they do.

DD is cultish in that everyone very much stays on "brand" often at the expense of their own personalities. Can come across as creepy.

I am so sorry guys. How about a fresh, ice cold cup of Kool-Aid?

The looks on Zoe's and Dustin's faces look like hope and dreams to me. This may be because they are young people who just became gainfully employed, and know that their prospects in life just improved. The looks on their faces are mirrored in the looks of countless other earnest young (or older) people who likewise intend to do the best for their employers that they are able, and be worth their paychecks. I expect that there are many members of these forums who might remember feeling just the same thing at some time in their lives, and who want the same for their children and grandchildren.

I'll take looks of hope and dreams on young peoples faces over the cynical criticisms of those who thoughtlessly denigrate them any day.

Good for you Zoe and Dustin! You make me proud.

Knowing what I know, I'd bet a lot that them getting into lots of schools is very appealing to what DD does.

I am so sorry guys. How about a fresh, ice cold cup of Kool-Aid?

Knowing what I know, I'd bet a lot that them getting into lots of schools is very appealing to what DD does.

I'm gonna have to agree. Have you guys never been exposed to a real cult? The Moonies were around my university when I was a student, and I've seen plenty more. The new prosperity gospel, God made me rich, is more of a cult than these guys.

I'm always amazed at how we want to label the company we don't play as... evil. Go ahead, say it [bwahaha] evil [bwahaha].

See, I'm stuck, I play Innova, Millennium, Tri, Prodiscus and Discraft. I guess that means I have very few evil options. I've always thought DiscMania was evil, I mean, mania means, well you know. I know, they're really Innova, but have you heard about their evil experiments? They mix different molds. It's so... Frankenstein. And then there's Grip bags. Like the evil hand gripping your throat. Bwahaha.