• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The S.EX penned Star Eagles were simply first/early run in the Star plastic, no different than S.DS penned Destroyers (as opposed to ★DS or ★EX). Climo's name was never on them so they wouldn't be 11x or 12x or any x. If you have Climo signature Eagles (9x or 10x or 11x or 12x), they're either KC Pro plastic or Champion.

Yeah I'm well versed in all that.

Was just trying to understand his bad information.

So it looks like Discraft's Elite team will have twelve members. I would have kept it at nine. Anyway, it isn't my money or my decision. It will be interesting to see the five players they promote or recruit. Predict that they promote Adams Hammes and Hailey King.

It also doesn't list Austin Turner on the Elite Team. He may be one in negotiations, or dropped as he doesn't really seem to fit the bill as an elite player.

Perhaps add speculation on this thread of players who may give up touring and also new players who may be touring full-time next year.

Perhaps add speculation on this thread of players who may give up touring and also new players who may be touring full-time next year.

i like this idea but i don't have any thoughts. who's got the dirt?

i like this idea but i don't have any thoughts. who's got the dirt?
I don't have any but figured some on here might be able to provide some or even just speculate. For example, where do we think Nikko will end up? Sponsored for full-time play, continue as part-timer unsponsored or stepping back to do other things?

That's an interesting idea, especially when you pair that with some of the bigger deals the top top tier players have landed in the last year or so.

You would expect as a whole the sport is growing, so are these larger deals there because there's more money for manufacturers to dispose of, or are these bigger contracts cannabilizing the second or third tier deals?

11x Star?

Plus I've never seen him throw a Star Eagle on tournament footage.

The S.EX penned Star Eagles were simply first/early run in the Star plastic, no different than S.DS penned Destroyers (as opposed to ★DS or ★EX). Climo's name was never on them so they wouldn't be 11x or 12x or any x. If you have Climo signature Eagles (9x or 10x or 11x or 12x), they're either KC Pro plastic or Champion.

This is a great Casey impression, well done. :clap:

I saw what I did too late for the edit window, and it looked like the post was going to quietly be overlooked so no need to bring attention to it. Guess that was wrong too.

About this time last year Barsby did a quick series of events doing 1 round 3 disc tournaments playing with two of his stamped discs and your own putter. Afterward hanging out at a brewery and a putting clinic I was talking with him mostly about a course he designed in an area I was working. Great course, loads of potential... more problems with property owner and isolation and cost for it to take off.
From all the speculation here I wanted him to sign one of my Eagles. I grabbed a Star Eagle and when I brought it over he said "oh is this one penned S.EX? I love those!"

Nah... too new for that. We then had a short conversation about Eagles. Some talk about 12x and 11x eagle L vs the one he had for the event as well we talked some about the Star/champ and Champy-Star runs which are my favorite. Some thoughts about some of the later 11X and first 12x opaque champs might be the same run just stamped a while apart.
I for some reason when I typed merged a bunch of that stuff in my head.

Perhaps add speculation on this thread of players who may give up touring....

From a purely financial numbers game, I'm always surprised that quite a few (non top elite) players who have annual low tour earnings continue the grind. Especially for the players 30 or older, I've said it before, but once you get past the fan excitement and research how much money your favorite player is making, well....there really is not much money in this game once you get past the top 10 elite players or so.

So it looks like Discraft's Elite team will have twelve members. I would have kept it at nine. Anyway, it isn't my money or my decision. It will be interesting to see the five players they promote or recruit. Predict that they promote Adams Hammes and Hailey King.

I also find it interesting that there is a "space reserved" right in between both Pauls. I'm guessing this means a player better than uli and not as good as PmB. Any thoughts who this could be????

I also find it interesting that there is a "space reserved" right in between both Pauls. I'm guessing this means a player better than uli and not as good as PmB. Any thoughts who this could be????

I thought the same thing. .but who can it really be. . most players "that good" are under contract.

Is Conrad under a long Innova contract??

I thought the same thing. .but who can it really be. . most players "that good" are under contract.

Is Conrad under a long Innova contract??

Conrad is with Innova through 2020, unless Discraft pays to break his contract, which is unlikely to happen.

That Elite Team Tracker is actually an amazing idea. I honestly think Calvin Heimburg is the only free agent that belongs to the first row. Or maybe Catrina Allen...

Is Austin Turner of the Elite Team? os has he left Discraft?

Wonder if they will have any FPO players on the Elite Team?

Is Austin Turner of the Elite Team? os has he left Discraft?

Wonder if they will have any FPO players on the Elite Team?

He was in the Elite team for 2019, but it looks like he will not be for 2020.
He was touring with Big Jerm, so he might join Innova. This could make sense as he is from the Charlotte area, and this was one of the reasons why Bir Jerm made the move to Innova.

Or he found a job.

For FPO, this was why I brought up Catrina. With no FPO in the team Austin Hannum and the fact that she was part of team Discraft before, I would think it would give some reasons to Discraft to sponsor her.

Status
Not open for further replies.