• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Drew Gibson

In response to drew not representing his sponsor in some of the previous posts. He kept stating in the Facebook post that his agreement was to bag 3 molds from legacy (recluse, Vegance, phantom warrior) and in an interview I believe he said that infinite had no stipulation about him throwing any of there molds only discs they carry which is literally almost everything. So It sounds like he fulfilled his end of the agreement as well as making several feature/lead cards with legacy plastered across his back. And he said he is staying with infinite and open to another sponsor but didn't sound promising from his comments.

In response to drew not representing his sponsor in some of the previous posts. He kept stating in the Facebook post that his agreement was to bag 3 molds from legacy (recluse, Vegance, phantom warrior) and in an interview I believe he said that Infinite had no stipulation about him throwing any of there molds only discs they carry which is literally almost everything. So It sounds like he fulfilled his end of the agreement as well as making several feature/lead cards with legacy plastered across his back. And he said he is staying with infinite and open to another sponsor but didn't sound promising from his comments.

So that means everything not completely OOP in brands except Lighting since Gotta Go Gotta Throw owns those discs now the whole stock and the molds.

In response to drew not representing his sponsor in some of the previous posts. He kept stating in the Facebook post that his agreement was to bag 3 molds from legacy (recluse, Vegance, phantom warrior) and in an interview I believe he said that infinite had no stipulation about him throwing any of there molds only discs they carry which is literally almost everything. So It sounds like he fulfilled his end of the agreement as well as making several feature/lead cards with legacy plastered across his back. And he said he is staying with infinite and open to another sponsor but didn't sound promising from his comments.

As someone who mentioned the legacy and infinite pairing, I intended to put the blame on the odd pairing between marrying one manufacturer and a retail outlet that sells everything.

I do think there's a bunch of semantics at play with the word "bag." Given disc golf not having a disc limit, lots of discs could be bagged and carried around a course.

But I don't have any inside info and don't have any issues with Drew—he's just another pro disc golfer I don't actually know apart from YouTube videos and round coverage which isn't actually knowing at all.

Nikko has been with Prodigy, Gateway, MVP(sort of), Westside, and DD...but before they had discs I think. So basically 4.

Drew has been with Innova, DD, back to Innova, Legacy/Infinite and now will have another one presumably so they are close. Plus Nikko is a good deal older so he's got a head start.

Don't forget a partial sponsorship from DareDevil discs...

I think he threw one of their putters...

He is? Oh, then Cassey White must be living in Minnesota right now. :confused:

Casey, just take an extra second, bud. And you and Mr White share the same name, ya just gotta get that one right :D

But ya, Mr White has been hanging around northern MN with his lady friend. He is sponsored by Discmania. He can't throw any lightning discs.

Nikko was sponsored by Innova for a very brief bit prior to Daredevil, MVP, or Westside.

If I recall it was Gateway, Innova, mixed bag rogue Nikko, then a bunch of random sponsors that changed yearly.

Nikko was sponsored by Innova for a very brief bit prior to Daredevil, MVP, or Westside.

If I recall it was Gateway, Innova, mixed bag rogue Nikko, then a bunch of random sponsors that changed yearly.

Took me longer to get Nikko's sponsorship timeline than any other player. And I still don't think it's that accurate. Lots of browsing through wayback machine and old forum posts and this is the closest I have.

Attachments

• nikko.JPG
    nikko.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 127
Doesn't feel comfortable around goofballs and likes supercar performance at affordable prices.

You guys are supposed to be naming things that makes me like him less. :D

He has also posted some BS rant about Kaepernick and made sure to include some Soros conspiracies in said rant.

But, yeah, Corvettes bro.

So that means everything not completely OOP in brands except Lighting since Gotta Go Gotta Throw owns those discs now the whole stock and the molds.

Question: How long ago did a pro rated above 1000 throw a Lightning Disc in a sanctioned tournament?

Answer: Well before ratings began in 1999, probably. So...never?

james_conrad_iii
I want to take this moment to thank Innova Champion Discs.

My relationship with Innova started in 2016, making this our 5th year working together (though I've been throwing Innova plastic since the 90s). During this time I was able to rise from a basic equipment sponsorship all the way to the Star Team, and without the belief and support they gave me along the way there is no way I would be where I am now. With Innova on my shirt & in my bag, I went from touring out of a 98' Toyota 4runner (hammock camping at nearly every tournament), to touring in a decked out camper van. I went from being noticed for my putter game, to having my own putter made to my requests, with my name (and hair) stamped on it. I went from winning my first A-tier, to winning the USDGC.

I am very grateful for everything they have done for me along the way, and I hold a ton of respect and love for the company, my teammates, and Innova fans everywhere. Many of the memories I've made while representing Innova will stick with me for life, and know many of the friendships will too. I will be going in a different direction moving forward but want to give one last thank you to Innova Champion Discs. You guys Roc!

It will be at least a couple weeks yet until I will be ready to announce my primary sponsor for next season, but I assure you all it will be worth the wait.

Stay safe and happy New Year's!
James

I could definitely see both Mandujano sisters at Discraft. I really hope that Conrad doesn't go to Discraft, they have enough big names as it is. MVP, which sounded far-fetched a month or so ago, seems plausible. I could also see him going to Latitude. Emerson Keith is their biggest name in the US, James would move a lot of plastic. Dynamic Discs is also lacking a top end pro. I doubt that he'll go to Prodigy. With Dickerson, KJUSA, Seppo, etc. they have a pretty legit team.

I could definitely see both Mandujano sisters at Discraft. I really hope that Conrad doesn't go to Discraft, they have enough big names as it is. MVP, which sounded far-fetched a month or so ago, seems plausible. I could also see him going to Latitude. Emerson Keith is their biggest name in the US, James would move a lot of plastic. Dynamic Discs is also lacking a top end pro. I doubt that he'll go to Prodigy. With Dickerson, KJUSA, Seppo, etc. they have a pretty legit team.

MVP's now following him on Instagram. JC Envy pls

MVP's now following him on Instagram. JC Envy pls

Is the Envy even the right JC disc? He throws fairly neutral aviars right? Isn't that more a proxy/anode/ion flight? An envy is pretty beefy compared to an aviar isn't it? Flight wise my guess would be Ion over Envy. Maybe?

Is the Envy even the right JC disc? He throws fairly neutral aviars right? Isn't that more a proxy/anode/ion flight? An envy is pretty beefy compared to an aviar isn't it? Flight wise my guess would be Ion over Envy. Maybe?
He throws big bead aviars, which are pretty stable especially out of the box. I think an electron envy would be pretty close in stability. The question is whether he gets to collaborate on his own putter design or it he likes the feel of a different putter for putting.

Took me longer to get Nikko's sponsorship timeline than any other player. And I still don't think it's that accurate. Lots of browsing through wayback machine and old forum posts and this is the closest I have.
I am certain he was sponsored by Gateway prior to 2009. I'm guessing thats as far back as you simply had time to go. His uncle (if I remember the relationship correctly) owns Gateway and I'd be willing to bet his initial sponsorship goes back to at least the middle of 2006 when he started killing it in Advanced and then taking top 10 A Tier finishes in Open.