• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Nate Perkins said on Smashboxx last night that he was Ezra's agent for the offseason, and spoke with multiple companies on his behalf. He said it was something they planned on announcing, but he gave smashboxx that exclusive. Definitely doesn't mean he's going to Discmania. He said ezra and him were working on a short term contract, because they still don't know his value yet. Pretty interesting concept being that he is a sponsored pro for Discmania, but it sounds like being an agent for other players is an interest of Nate's.

Also mentioned Paige pierce is close to being a millionaire, and he thinks people need to know that, but they don't right now. Pretty big statement.

Nate Perkins said on Smashboxx last night that he was Ezra's agent for the offseason, and spoke with multiple companies on his behalf. He said it was something they planned on announcing, but he gave smashboxx that exclusive. Definitely doesn't mean he's going to Discmania. He said ezra and him were working on a short term contract, because they still don't know his value yet. Pretty interesting concept being that he is a sponsored pro for Discmania, but it sounds like being an agent for other players is an interest of Nate's.

Also mentioned Paige pierce is close to being a millionaire, and he thinks people need to know that, but they don't right now. Pretty big statement.

If you listen to Nate for 10 minutes it's clear that he is pretty intelligent. For Ezra to take a long deal with a smaller AAV he is selling himself short long term. As long as he doesn't have a big injury he should refine his game more and continue to grow on social which is a valuable commodity by itself.

I would assume any short-term contract with a major manufacturer, would include the ability to extend after the first contact expires at a substantially different level.

interesting to hear Nate P say that he got $20000 for the 10000pc of NightStrike Discmania sold, wonder if $2 a disc is a "norm" for players to get from Sig. discs

interesting to hear Nate P say that he got $20000 for the 10000pc of NightStrike Discmania sold, wonder if $2 a disc is a "norm" for players to get from Sig. discs

I've heard that same amount but in euros. I'd guess that only Paul and Paige are getting double or more per disc while majority are getting that 2.

I've heard that same amount but in euros. I'd guess that only Paul and Paige are getting double or more per disc while majority are getting that 2.

What's the wholesale price of the sig discs? Do they differ per disc as they do once we see them at retail?

You'd imagine that the different price of sig discs at least partially reflects that differing pro-payout.

So for Ezra finding a sponor that can give him a good Sig.Disc and can make that disc in a large number, might be worth more to him than a ok salary.

Even at Paul´s $250.000 a year salary. . his money from discsales are probably close or even more than that.

What's the wholesale price of the sig discs? Do they differ per disc as they do once we see them at retail?

You'd imagine that the different price of sig discs at least partially reflects that differing pro-payout.

Wholesale prices on the sig discs vary from company to company but they are all higher than "regular" discs.

Wholesale prices on the sig discs vary from company to company but they are all higher than "regular" discs.

Within a given company between signature discs are they level or a constant uplift from the same non-sig discs where they exist (i.e. accounting for plastic)?

McBeth, Sexton, and I were having a conversation at the 2015 Rumble during a backup, and Paul said that they receive about $4 each for "Tour Series" discs like Sexton Firebirds.

He also said that discs cost about $0.25 per disc and that DX plastic is actually slightly more expensive to make but they have to keep their price-points where they are because of durability.

Within a given company between signature discs are they level or a constant uplift from the same non-sig discs where they exist (i.e. accounting for plastic)?

Sig/tour discs are more across the board. Within a company one player's sig/tour discs tend to cost the same as another players given that it is the same plastic.