• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Back to what this thread is really about.
I love coleslaw on a pulled pork sandwich, but not if I get it to go. Let that coleslaw sit on your sandwich during a 20 minute car ride and you've got a mess on your hands...and shirt...and pants.

A random internet stranger on Reddit said that Simon Lizotte will be leaving Discmania for MVP. Obviously this is a pretty out there rumor, but if a random Reddit stranger claims something then I buy into it.

Simon to MVP in 2023.

A random internet stranger on Reddit said that Simon Lizotte will be leaving Discmania for MVP. Obviously this is a pretty out there rumor, but if a random Reddit stranger claims something then I buy into it.

Simon to MVP in 2023.

yah thats pretty out there alright

Simon to MVP in 2023.
Could see this happening considering the huge investment MVP made with Maple Hill which, as I understand it, is Simon's home course or at least in the area.

Simon to MVP in 2023.

Could see this happening considering the huge investment MVP made with Maple Hill which, as I understand it, is Simon's home course or at least in the area.

While I certainly wouldn't say no to calling Simon teammate, I think he's still under contract with Discmania until the end of 2023. Would have to be something monumental have him not only leave Discmania but end his contract early to do it.

Chris Clemons posted on that same Reddit thread and said one of the big names is switching and that we won't believe who it is, so maybe it might actually be Simon.

Maple Hill MVP?

Pshaw.

Lizotte to Vibram.

All jesting aside, given the wild state Discmania has been in lately, would not be surprised if he went MVP.

McMahon seems to love the Lat 64 Evolution molds more than Lizotte.

All jesting aside, given the wild state Discmania has been in lately, would not be surprised if he went MVP.

McMahon seems to love the Lat 64 Evolution molds more than Lizotte.

I think I mentioned this same thing in the Discmania thread recently. Eagle is a really good company man (salesman). Simon doesn't seem the least bit interested in, or even really have any knowledge about, non original Discmania discs. Which is understandable since he still bags and throws a few older Innova run discs. Probably doesn't make Jussi real happy, but Simon was winning this year with them, when Eagle was barely playing.

That being said, I'd be pretty shocked if he switched sponsors.

Lizotte may be feeling that his contract, signed in 2018(?) isn't up to par with the going rates, especially after his wins this year. It would make sense for MVP to go after someone with a big media presence, to complement the more invisible Conrad.

How does Chris Clemons know? Who are his mates?

I think I mentioned this same thing in the Discmania thread recently. Eagle is a really good company man (salesman). Simon doesn't seem the least bit interested in, or even really have any knowledge about, non original Discmania discs. Which is understandable since he still bags and throws a few older Innova run discs. Probably doesn't make Jussi real happy, but Simon was winning this year with them, when Eagle was barely playing.

That being said, I'd be pretty shocked if he switched sponsors.

Pure random speculation....but Simon used to absolutely gush about Jussi as a boss and mentor. Could the legal/moral issues Jussi ran into earlier in the year play into a potential move? Not to mention, other than Paul, who moves more plastic than Simon? He is the absolute perfect "face of franchise" and would likely be worth every penny spent on him.

Pure random speculation....but Simon used to absolutely gush about Jussi as a boss and mentor. Could the legal/moral issues Jussi ran into earlier in the year play into a potential move? Not to mention, other than Paul, who moves more plastic than Simon? He is the absolute perfect "face of franchise" and would likely be worth every penny spent on him.

Along those lines somewhat, Jussi mentioned that he was stepping away from DM to get his family life straightened out. Perhaps the direction things are going is different than if Jussi was still leading the way? I could see something like that ultimately leading to a crush boy leaving.

I don't see Eagle or Simon going anywhere anytime soon, but it wouldn't be impossible.

Back to what this thread is really about.
I love coleslaw on a pulled pork sandwich, but not if I get it to go. Let that coleslaw sit on your sandwich during a 20 minute car ride and you've got a mess on your hands...and shirt...and pants.

Pulled pork just can't get cold - or even below room temp - and still be good. Brisket can be eaten cold IMO, as well as cold ribs when the sauce gets a little congealed.

Simon to MVP in 2023.

Random internet stranger was spot on about Ricky to DD around this time last year, maybe a broken clock will be right two times after all.

Simon and Discmania is about as synonymous as a player/brand combo can get in my mind. But maybe the Jussi shenanigans and changes to manufacturing coupled with an offer he couldn't refuse may change his tune. I certainly wouldn't begrudge him changing if he got a seven figure salary out of it!