• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I will never understand how/why this is a thing.

It's almost like the ideologies of the people they are sponsoring and the recent trans discrimination in disc golf are reflective of the larger culture of disc golf as a business. So it would follow, that if I don't want to support those beliefs and values,, then I don't help them generate profit. I hope DGPT fails. I hope Lonestar fails.

Saying that this shouldn't be a thing doesn't mean you are above ideology. It means you are complicit.

It's almost like the ideologies of the people they are sponsoring and the recent trans discrimination in disc golf are reflective of the larger culture of disc golf as a business. So it would follow, that if I don't want to support those beliefs and values,, then I don't help them generate profit. I hope DGPT fails. I hope Lonestar fails.

Saying that this shouldn't be a thing doesn't mean you are above ideology. It means you are complicit.

Well.....I guess I also think that there is a pretty wide chasm between spending your money elsewhere and wishing failure upon someone. I don't really wish ill will on those that don't agree with me, lol.

I do not understand what you're saying. And what trans discrimination? I have heard of no such thing. I am complicit in what?

What? That people are discerning with their disposable income and often choose to spend it with enterprises, that they think or feel, are in agreement with their principles and ethics?.......or that people buy discs?

I was talking about buying a disc because someone throws it. Maybe I misunderstood.

Well.....I guess I also think that there is a pretty wide chasm between spending your money elsewhere and wishing failure upon someone. I don't really wish ill will on those that don't agree with me, lol.

Yep, to be fair, any reason that gets me to not spend money is generally a good enough reason for me and my pocketbook.

I was talking about buying a disc because someone throws it. Maybe I misunderstood.

Tone doesn't come across well in written format so allow me to state it differently: the fact that Lone Star has chosen to support the people they have chosen to support makes it very unlikely I will be supporting Lone Star with my dinero. There are other companies I feel similarly about. This is usually based on some personal interaction I have had with a player but I am willing to make an exception for Nikko and Q Anon neither of whom I personally know.

Even were I not sponsored I personally would not buy a disc to throw because a particular player throws it. I will however buy discs that I have no intention of throwing to support players I know and like.

Tone doesn't come across well in written format so allow me to state it differently: the fact that Lone Star has chosen to support the people they have chosen to support makes it very unlikely I will be supporting Lone Star with my dinero. There are other companies I feel similarly about. This is usually based on some personal interaction I have had with a player but I am willing to make an exception for Nikko and Q Anon neither of whom I personally know.

Even were I not sponsored I personally would not buy a disc to throw because a particular player throws it. I will however buy discs that I have no intention of throwing to support players I know and like.

Cool. I know nothing about that, so I will head home, grab an Old Fashioned and get ready for the big freeze.

Got to handle a few Lone Star discs at a shop. Was not impressed with the plastic or how the molds felt in the hand.

Gimmicky naming scheme and Texas pride will probably go a long way.

That would be me, what few are in my local PIAS are still sitting there a few months after I did my touchy feelie.

In Foundations video Eric Oakley said that Bobby B is now working for Clash discs. . .Bobby and Eric was at DD for a long time.

Looks like theyre dropping FPO like crazy! Not sure who all is going to be left after the exodus

They still have their top FPO players. .so the still have one of or the top FPO team

looking at Innovas team page all the players thats going to leave is still on the site. . But innovas webbpage are not known to have fast updates.

Sounds like Innova is doing what Lat 64 did a few years back and let a bushelful of players walk. Thinning the herd.
Innova use to hand out sponsorships like candy @ Halloween. Ebb & flow of disc golf, I suppose.

Is Johnathon Poole still the Innova team manager? I'm talking about managing the team from the corporate side of things, not Sexton's Team Captain position.

Is Johnathon Poole still the Innova team manager? I'm talking about managing the team from the corporate side of things, not Sexton's Team Captain position.

I think so, but Jeff Panis seems to have pull also.