• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

My daughter has roughly translated; "praying hands usually mean thank you(but can sometimes mean please), and the fireworks usually mean excitement"

So…doesn't tell us a lot…

I think the lil triangles around the hands indicate motion, therefore I believe the emojis to be clapping. I also believe that this indicates all of NOTHING. The internet is buzzzing about his movement, why would he reveal anything to Joe Schmoe via a PM? Not saying he is or isn't moving on, but either way, he's building excitement and keeping his name out there.

From Ultiworld Discgolf
Catrina Allen 2023 1 yr Extension DGA
James Proctor 2023 1 yr New Thought Space Athletics

My daughter has roughly translated; "praying hands usually mean thank you(but can sometimes mean please), and the fireworks usually mean excitement"

Y5OIBM9.jpeg

Regarding the Reddit screenshot....who is the person chatting with Simon?

The clapping/excitement just seems to be Simon responding about making a Tilt video with the person and I could see him being excited about that.

Leaving announced:
Anthony Barela
Valerie Mandujano
Mason Ford
Holyn Handley

Contracts expiring:
Ezra Aderhold
Brodie Smith
Alexis Mandujano
Corey Ellis
Aaron Gossage
Sarah Hokom
James Conrad
Madison Walker
Keiti Tätte

These are the top ~30 players we have not had contract announcements so we are basically waiting for Discraft, MVP, DD, Lat64, and Westside 'team' announcements. Always a potential for existing contracts to be left early.

Yeah that's a whole lot of vague... free publicity but the noncommittal is interesting.maybe he just he's just really enjoying the frenzy of attention maybe he can't say for sure what's happening without being a liar

I'm sure that's what it is, just getting a gen zer to help us translate.

Personally not the most prolific emoji user.

Isn't Simon's silence deafening? Isn't he one of the nice guys, an upstanding, goody-two-shoes dude with a real sense of loyalty? If he is, and he is staying with Discmania, why the heck isn't he quashing the rumors? It'd take him 30 seconds, but he's comfortable with letting them just swirl on, while avoiding the topic? Nah, I ain't buying it. He's shutting up because it's the "right" thing to do, as he knows he's leaving. That's my take. Another DM crush boys video is out, might be the last one we'll ever see.

Gotta figure, a video with him and Eagle was probably shot a while ago and then however long for it to be edited. So it's not like this was filmed 3 days ago.

I agree though, absolutely nothing out there addressing false rumors. It'd be very easy to release a quick video squashing it while still teasing a formal extension announcement or whatever.

To me at least this is Simon trying to fulfill his contractual obligations to DM and trying to make a departure as smooth as possible. I don't know if him or DM really gain anything by letting the rumors perpetuate…unless maybe they think it'll cause people to snatch up any remaining Lizotte DM plastic sitting around in the warehouse. You figured if anything they would've unloaded a bunch of it in the mystery boxes?

I'm with you on the silence is deafening. I think he would have came out and squashed the rumors already if he was staying. But who knows.

There are a lot of items on the European store with the Simon logo still.

All of this could amount to absolutely nothing. I am going to speculate here but I have to believe MVP has the means to sponsor another top MPO player. I don't know of any shop that is really having any difficulty moving MVP plastic off the shelves, the nomads/envys that were post 2021 worlds sold like hotcakes. Even MVP admits in gyropalooza videos to rapid expansion. So of course a lot of capital is being reinvested which is great, but signing someone like Simon could solidly elevate MVP to being a legitimate top tier manufacturer.

So that is point 1, MVP seems to have the means available to sponsor someone like Simon, at least from an outsiders perspective. Second point is what is mentioned above. The rumors are swirling and they are being confirmed by different people on different platforms. It could all be BS for sure but it's the silence that is deafening. Maybe Simon comes out soon and debunks the noise? Idk but I would've thought that would already have happened.

Third, for me are these videos. It feels like there is a lot of effort being made to put these videos out, Simon is decked out in Discmania stuff. If he is staying at Discmania it's a non-issue. But from the perspective of him possibly leaving...it looks a lot like Simon is, out of loyalty, doing his best to help Dismania.

Fourth it's Simon and the last year of his contract. Now Ganon still hasn't gotten his extension although it looks like Prodigy has perhaps paved the way...but someone as influential as Simon would be someone I think any company would try to lock down. In fact I think this is why he could be a perfect fit for MVP. He would bring a social media presence that is sorely lacking and put a lot of youtube exposure on discs. Beyond that having become a Father his focus will be split between that and touring. MVP is a brand (based on what we know from when they signed JC) that is probably cool with working something out with Simon.

SO could it all amount to absolutely nothing? Of course...yes, all of the above is just speculation and observations. But there seems to me to be too much smoke. I think the only concern I have is it seems lke a lot of people on social media try to speak things into existence so sometimes that smoke is artificial. That is when it would be appropriate for a player or mfg to come out publicly to debunk.