• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Funny that Discraft reposted Brodies post when he tried new discs. Didn't they look at the pic or did they play along?

Looking closely at the disc he's throwing looks like it's a new prototype. It looks to say "z-(something)" a lot Discraft protos have marking similar to it.

323565259_845063263424649_7805082242321463056_n.jpg

New post from Brodie

"Testing out new discs #happynewyear"

Pretty funny stuff.... He isn't holding any of the non discraft discs.... looks like a Z proto of some type he's throwing... and someone's DD bag just ended up close enough to the picture...:D:clap:... that is some fun stuff.... knowing some people will really run with it.

Brodie seems to be of the opinion that there is no bad publicity…
His genius is to be at the forefront of the conversation, good or bad, polite or rude, thoughtful or impulsive.

Personally, I got tired of it very quickly.
He's obviously a great marketer, entrepreneur and respectable player, but too noisy for my taste.

Simon signed his last 5y deal in October, 2018. I can't find the start or end dates.
https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/livewire/simon-lizotte-discmania-agree-5-year-extension/

Extension from prior contract announced Jan 2017 ran from 2017-2018, so the 5 years additional announced in Oct 2018 would be till end of 2023. I believe Simon mentioned the length of this extension allowed him to get the visa permitting him to live in the U.S. year round.

I am a little surprised that Henna and Eveliina stayed at Innova
3 year extensions might allow them to get the same visa and compete more on the U.S. tour.

Simon: If he is changing sponsors, it could be to Thought Space Athletics. In his recent video, he stated they are making his shirts and helped him design the Tilt. The person he was playing with announce he was with TSA and was playing a mixed bag, so if Simon is leaving DM and goes to TSA, he could still use the DM discs he loves.

Brodie: He said he was trying different discs. Maybe he is doing a "Paul McBeth" and going to ask Discraft for a 'signature' disc based on one he likes from a different brand and DC doesn't yet have a match of.

Retired Air Force, did you ever do anything:p I was Naval Aviation F/A- 18 Squadron my first four years before cross decking to the Submarine Force. On the flight deck USS Coral Sea when we bombed Libya in 86'. Red flag (Air Force event) was fun, one year no rooms in the barracks, so the good folks at Nellis put us up at Circus Circus, fun times!

The Innova Air Force symbol/stamp is intended for Innova only and has no reference with The U.S Air Force. Anybody questioning wearing the Innova symbol is clueless, so wear it. Yes, support your military with symbols on clothing.

What are sweet looking Disc Stamps are those with the insignia of a branch of the military, and the puddy navy The Coast Guard. There's a local who customizes this type of disc among other custom disc. Every once in a while, I'll see them in a local PIAS and they go quickly since the Norfolk area is primarily military. No harm if non-military purchases one. Every once in a while, the artist who also plays, offers his services on a local facebook page.

Don't you know...I flew a desk :D Seriously though, there are times when I wish I could talk about what I did in the Air Force. I was stationed in Hawaii (Wheeler AB, Oahu) when we went into Libya.

Don't you know...I flew a desk :D Seriously though, there are times when I wish I could talk about what I did in the Air Force. I was stationed in Hawaii (Wheeler AB, Oahu) when we went into Libya.

During the Libya days, I was stationed in Turkey (Ankara AS) myself. Hey, I flew a desk, too, for my 9-to-5, and sat in a airline perimeter bunker during exercises (SP augmentee). Those were the days. :|

Find this interesting, its from a Ultiworld article
https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2023/01/02/innova-retains-all-its-top-10-players-announces-2023-team/

"New three-year contracts for Eveliina Salonen and Henna Blomroos are the biggest news out of the Innova camp. The two young Finnish stars were among the most sought-after "free agents" of the offseason, and multiple manufacturers made bids to sign them. Innova won out by offering the best overall compensation package."

Makes me wonder who made the other bids and how much Innova needed to pay to "win"

Dc bump Chandler Fry down to tour team too. So three down to tour from elite team.
Who will be bumped up? Corey Ellis feels solid, maybe gossage to? And one new. AB?

Dc bump Chandler Fry down to tour team too. So three down to tour from elite team.
Who will be bumped up? Corey Ellis feels solid, maybe gossage to? And one new. AB?

No word on Barham yet but I'd assume he'd get bumped too. That leaves 4 spots. My guess is Brodie, AB, Val Mandujano, and Mason Ford.

No word on Barham yet but I'd assume he'd get bumped too. That leaves 4 spots. My guess is Brodie, AB, Val Mandujano, and Mason Ford.

Sounds legit. At least that Barham will be bumped. But I really think/hope that they will move Corey Ellis up.