• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Maria Oliva to thought space.

She also made a post a few days ago about Kavu, so maybe a new clothing sponsor?

I am going to double down on my guess that Maria is going to be sponsored by Kavu. Kavu now makes a disc golf backpack. I am pretty sure I saw it in the background of her latest reel on instagram. So I am guessing that she is going to have Kavu as her bag and clothing sponsor.

Here is a link to the bag:
https://www.amazon.com/KAVU-Pacific...=kavu+disc+golf+bag,aps,185&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

Dc bump Chandler Fry down to tour team too. So three down to tour from elite team.
Who will be bumped up? Corey Ellis feels solid, maybe gossage to? And one new. AB?

"Eeeeey.... AB! My man! Come on in! What we're doing? We're just taking out some trash here. Well, yeah, it's not exactly trash, just some stuff belonging to Prez, Fry and some other guys who are no longer important. If we're short on cash? Are you kiddin'? With the disc golf explosion during the lockdown, we're swimming in cash. This is just a matter of principle. If it could happen to you? Of course not! Are you crazy?! You're the real deal, you're special to us, I assure you."

I am going to double down on my guess that Maria is going to be sponsored by Kavu. Kavu now makes a disc golf backpack. I am pretty sure I saw it in the background of her latest reel on instagram. So I am guessing that she is going to have Kavu as her bag and clothing sponsor.

https://www.amazon.com/KAVU-Pacific...=kavu+disc+golf+bag,aps,185&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

I'm pretty sure she is sponsored by them now, but holy crap, hopefully they copy a better version of knock off backpacks first.

The cup holder is designed to hold a can? Umm… does it come with a can-top-mini or is this design just that oblivious? Silly.

They are gonna get so many hippie girls with those hand-knittet disc golf bags, too bad that isnt really a market haha

I'm pretty sure she is sponsored by them now, but holy crap, hopefully they copy a better version of knock off backpacks first.

I don't think she has announced anything official other than her two posts saying she was dropping pound as her bag sponsor and legit disc golf as her apparel sponsor.

And I agree, that bag is pretty awful, but it is exciting to see a big brand like Kavu take an interest in disc golf.

I don't mind the looks of the Kavu bags... but need to see one really loaded up to decide on the functionality... it certainly doesn't look like something that holds all a pro might need unless its placed on a cart with some extra storage.

I wondered how fast company teams were updated on their websites. Lisa is already gone from Innova, so I guess it's pretty quick. Wonder if it was before her announcement?

From Reddit so take with grain of salt -

unastcaifw9a1.jpg

Please clarify for the old guy (me), do those emojis have widely recognized meaning?

My daughter has roughly translated; "praying hands usually mean thank you(but can sometimes mean please), and the fireworks usually mean excitement"

So…doesn't tell us a lot…

My daughter has roughly translated; "praying hands usually mean thank you(but can sometimes mean please), and the fireworks usually mean excitement"

So…doesn't tell us a lot…

Yeah that's a whole lot of vague... free publicity but the noncommittal is interesting.maybe he just he's just really enjoying the frenzy of attention maybe he can't say for sure what's happening without being a liar