• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Dunno anything about anything but I like Streamline producs very much (go Pilot, Echo and Lift) and I think it would be fun to see Eagle as "Streamline prince", to see what he could do with their discs.

One nice thing about Streamline discs is that they tend to be a dollar or two or three cheaper than other brands.
I have a feeling that if they sign a top player the discount will disappear. :mad:

One nice thing about Streamline discs is that they tend to be a dollar or two or three cheaper than other brands.
I have a feeling that if they sign a top player the discount will disappear. :mad:

Hopefully not. I think the initial mindset was, if we're producing high end overmold discs with a more involved manufacturing process at the same price point as everybody else our solo molds should be priced better.

At first I thought it'd be silly for MVP to market Eagle to Streamline because it would detract from gyro sales. Now that he's officially leaving DM and it's marinated a bit I don't view it that way anymore.

Signing Eagle under Streamline isn't about taking away sales from MVP or Axiom, it's about taking away sales from Innova, Discraft, and HoD. Even though Simon moved the needle a ton, there are plenty of players out there who still think it's a gimmick or afraid the overmold is gonna come flying off or whatever. Having a legit big name pro throwing their solo molds might appeal to those who think only chodes throw gyro.

Discraft was pretty much a laughing stock right before they signed McBeth. Couple good molds but for the most part stale and bland. They were the uncool Reebok to Innova's Nike. MVP might not quite get the ROI from Eagle like they did Simon, but I think it's still a wise move because they'll be gaining market share with a brand that can do some damage to the competition.

Not that we need to trust MVP on this but they've said multiple times that they are done signing players and their team is official. However, that leaves room for Streamline without them technically lying I guess. My guess would be:
Streamline
Prodigy
Hod umbrella
In that order, but who knows.

Hopefully not. I think the initial mindset was, if we're producing high end overmold discs with a more involved manufacturing process at the same price point as everybody else our solo molds should be priced better.

At first I thought it'd be silly for MVP to market Eagle to Streamline because it would detract from gyro sales. Now that he's officially leaving DM and it's marinated a bit I don't view it that way anymore.

Signing Eagle under Streamline isn't about taking away sales from MVP or Axiom, it's about taking away sales from Innova, Discraft, and HoD. Even though Simon moved the needle a ton, there are plenty of players out there who still think it's a gimmick or afraid the overmold is gonna come flying off or whatever. Having a legit big name pro throwing their solo molds might appeal to those who think only chodes throw gyro.

Discraft was pretty much a laughing stock right before they signed McBeth. Couple good molds but for the most part stale and bland. They were the uncool Reebok to Innova's Nike. MVP might not quite get the ROI from Eagle like they did Simon, but I think it's still a wise move because they'll be gaining market share with a brand that can do some damage to the competition.
I don't think MVP puts players specifically under Streamline/Axiom though, no?

Streamline doesn't even have nearly enough molds for Eagle either, so this would be a huge divergence from the current situation.

But, I'm for it if it happens!

Not that we need to trust MVP on this but they've said multiple times that they are done signing players and their team is official. However, that leaves room for Streamline without them technically lying I guess. My guess would be:
Streamline
Prodigy
Hod umbrella
In that order, but who knows.
Only problem I see with this is there is no Team House of Discs or Team Streamline.

Being sponsored by the umbrella company HoD wouldn't add value to any of the companies under the umbrella, it would be confusing for viewers and consumers.

It would make sense to be sponsored by one of the recognizable disc companies.

I don't think MVP puts players specifically under Streamline/Axiom though, no?

Streamline doesn't even have nearly enough molds for Eagle either, so this would be a huge divergence from the current situation.

But, I'm for it if it happens!
None of MVP's pro's are associated with a single brand. The Streamline idea comes from the fact that, so far, all of James' discs have come under the MVP brand and Simon's have come under the Axiom brand. Theoretically, if Streamline wanted to grow their brand, signing a pro who would get to design their own discs as part of the Streamline brand would dovetail nicely with what Simon and James are already doing. If Eagle were to sign with MVP with the intention of his line of discs being with Streamline, he would undoubtedly be able to throw all discs that MVP manufactures.

Innova makes an Eagle line of discs with all the molds Eagle used to throw.

I've had the same theory for other players, it has always been wrong...

I always assumed he was on the shorter side, but I first saw him play on one of the old Clash videos (he was partnered up with big Jerm).
I wonder if Eagle will get picked up by Innova, unpopular opinion, I know. As stacked as the men's and women's line up is for Innova, they don't have as many of the young guns as they do the seasoned vets. Eagle and Calvin on the same team seems in the realm of possibility to me.