• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Jerk's Bag of Tricks, or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trees

NavinJohnson

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 15 years passively, 2 years addiction
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, FH
ion: 200/240'; Buzzz: 250/280'; Destroyer: 330/370'

like all golfers, id like more consistency.

Bag:

Drivers
173 champ glo x out destroyer. forehand max d driver.
175 star wraith. max d backhand.
170 champ x out firebird. control forehand/ hyzer spike driver.

Fairway
175 dx teebird. standstill lazerbeam fairway thrower. beat
175 star tl.
170 champ 12x teebird. stable. once beat in fully will probably drop the tl.
166 pro teebird L. perfect backhand right finisher. turns but doesnt burn.

Mids:
174 z buzzz. stable money mid.
174 z comet. standstill lazerbeam/ straight mid. perfectly beat in
176 d buzzz. beat up right turner
175 star leopard. overstable but beating in. used for os mid until its beat in.

Putters:
175 glow wizard. main putter. fades still
175 opaque ion. driving/wind putter.
174 proton sparkle anode. upshot, long putter. brand new. its pink.
so theres the bag of tricks. i say or how i learned to love the trees, because most of my bag is newer premium plastic and needs more tree love to bear fruit. take the leopard for example. still in its first stage of life. all of your comments, ratings, suggestions, trolling, or just general whatever is welcome. i generally shoot around even to 10 over range and have gotten much better at putting lately. my next goal is to maybe find some lighter versions of the discs i like such as the wraith so i can rip them better. i am also looking to add a hyzer flip backhand driver to my arsenal and that would probably cover just about everything. like most other people here i have a tub of plastic and go back and forth between discs.

thanks

Seems like a solid bag, everything covered besides the hyzerflip/US slot in your drivers. I'm a fan of sidewinders, not so US as a Roadrunner or some other utility disc, but still super easy to throw.

Looks like a good bag of tricks. Nice Dr. Strangelove reference :thmbup:

People seem to love the Underworld as an US driver. I am guessing you can hyzer flip it but I have never thrown one myself. Gets good reviews, though!

thanks.

for my understable driver im thinking patriot or river. i like my leo but it seems like it will take an eternity to beat in right. i do like some warship however, so underworld may fit. decisions. i have had a perfectly beat champ viper that turned over long, then fought back at the end. it is impossible to replace. i cant wait 5 years to season a disc.

hmm i have hukked my brother in laws champ sidewinder and it bombed. forgot about it. so many discs, not enough time to throw everything.

bag revisions since the last time....

173 destroyer champ.
175 max star. forehand dream. i bomb forehand and it rules.
170 firebird champ. goto forehand flick and spike shots.
? viking champ. the understable type driver i was looking for. turns and then fights back.
? surge esp ND. a little less hss stable than the wraith. fades hard still. i like
166 teebird L fairway turnover
170 teebird champ. straight and long

169 coyote champ. perfect approach toss. dies and drops. turns but no burn.
174 comet Z still there. money
180 roc3. driving mid. loving it.

174 zone D. wind approach, putt
175 wizard. putt in the circle
175 wizard CH. driver/long putter. in the sweet spot.

i still have the other discs. trying to cycle wizards. the ion and anode especially refuse to beat in and got dropped as its colder.

thanks

Did you ever get to try a River? I'd also say try an MVP Amp for that turnover/anny slot. I'm not a fanboy, but that disc does things (consistently) that I can't get other discs to do.

depending on your power/distance of course, i have found the sidewinder to be very reliable. with around 300 ft of power, it pops up on a hyzer flip nicely , bullets for a bit and finnishes back left. havnt turned it over yet, always comes back. 170ish star flat top almost new condition/not beat at all yet. and finnishes fairly strong on the come back.