• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

How about the benefit of a hook up on one of those firmer blanks

they won't usually just sell a blank. You can get a small dyemax logo image in the corner or something if you want. Just make sure it's a fuzion dyemax judge in white and you'll be good.

where are all the light weight classic judges ??

I've seen very few under 170 but then again I haven't looked for them that hard. I assume it's similar to why it was hard for them to make a lucid judge without the air plastic and even then many came in overweight and couldn't be made for sale without acknowledging that. The Judge just has a lot of material in the rim and it's harder to get that to come out in lighter weights. Easier for the warden and pures to be made in lucid plastic and lighter weights.

Speaking of Lucid, anyone have the scoop on when they'll be making these in production runs?

Speaking of Lucid, anyone have the scoop on when they'll be making these in production runs?

Never. Lucid air? Maybe later this year. Maybe never. I don't really know for certain and I don't think many outside of the production of it do for sure. Lucid wardens will be out in summer sometime. I haven't heard any firm date on a real run of the lucid air judge.

So Lucid air isn't Lucid?

I was just being specific so you and everyone would know that if any lucid judge comes out for a real run it will only be lucid air. Lucid air is the lucid blend with the air bubbles included at no extra charge. :hfive:

I just picked up a beauty Classic Blend judge - black stamp, black plastic. I flipped over and noticed something a bit different...every other judge I have (Classic, Blend and Soft) all have the weight printed on them, but blackie here actually has the weight molded into the plastic just under the nipple.

Weird? Can't say I've ever seen that on any disc.

I just picked up a beauty Classic Blend judge - black stamp, black plastic. I flipped over and noticed something a bit different...every other judge I have (Classic, Blend and Soft) all have the weight printed on them, but blackie here actually has the weight molded into the plastic just under the nipple.

Weird? Can't say I've ever seen that on any disc.

It's not molded in but laser etched. It's great. I bet all manufacturers start to do it after some time. Stickers can easily wash or wear off. Then they went to small printing that was only good for certain colors and now you have the laser etched for a permanent weight notification.

It's not molded in but laser etched. It's great. I bet all manufacturers start to do it after some time. Stickers can easily wash or wear off. Then they went to small printing that was only good for certain colors and now you have the laser etched for a permanent weight notification.

i've got a black blend Warden that has the weight molded in. The numbers are actually raised above the plate like credit card numbers. I've seen the etching, but this isn't it.

i've got a black blend Warden that has the weight molded in. The numbers are actually raised above the plate like credit card numbers. I've seen the etching, but this isn't it.

Ha, shows what I know. I went out and looked again and sure enough, it's etched. Note to self, look first, type second.

Here as of late I've been debating on whether to try out a Judge or not.

I've been using Wizards for a long time and I've heard people have made the transition with great success. I prefer using the RFF plastic Wizards just because they have more grip and they are not as stable as say a Medium or Soft Wizard.

If I was to try out a Classic Soft Judge would it be pretty close to feel and flight as my RFF Wizards?

I figured since it's getting close to spring I would try a few new discs out and the Judge is on my radar. lol

Edit:This will only be used for putting purposes and nothing else.

In hand the Wizard feels similar to a Judge, except the Judge has a lower shoulder height. I don't have large hands, so I prefer the Judge (I putted with a Wizard for the last 4 years). The lower profile makes for a better fit.

Here as of late I've been debating on whether to try out a Judge or not.

I've been using Wizards for a long time and I've heard people have made the transition with great success. I prefer using the RFF plastic Wizards just because they have more grip and they are not as stable as say a Medium or Soft Wizard.

If I was to try out a Classic Soft Judge would it be pretty close to feel and flight as my RFF Wizards?

I figured since it's getting close to spring I would try a few new discs out and the Judge is on my radar. lol

Edit:This will only be used for putting purposes and nothing else.

classic soft will probably be the best choice. If it's too soft a blend is your next best option. I like all three levels of hardness I just prefer them in different temps. Below freezing I use the soft and in the thirty to sixty degree range I go blend. Above that it's the regular classic which is about like gateway soft. The blend is probably SS equivalent I'd say.

Tried to post this in the Moonshine Air Judge thread but it's over 60 days and wouldn't let me post. Anyways. Anybody know what the moonshine judges are going for right now? I've got about an 8/10 white stamped one I'm thinking of throwing up for trade bait.

Tried to post this in the Moonshine Air Judge thread but it's over 60 days and wouldn't let me post. Anyways. Anybody know what the moonshine judges are going for right now? I've got about an 8/10 white stamped one I'm thinking of throwing up for trade bait.

white big judge stamp? If it was new and unthrown you could get forty to fifty pretty easily on facebook. If it's 8/10 and there isn't ink someone might still give you 30? I don't know most are being sold unthrown because people are collecting them rather than throwing. I'm just sitting on a pair with the intention of throwing one some day if I lose all my fuzions.

You should still be able to get two new production discs for it if it's not inked up and just thrown some. If you're going the trade route.

Yea it's the big stamp, ink free, and was only thrown a few times. I've got a black and dark blue unthrown for collecting purposes and I've got a trade itch going so I was thinking about offering up the judge and a sea foam glow verdict but just wasn't sure what the market was on the judge right now. Thanks SteezeOG

Yea it's the big stamp, ink free, and was only thrown a few times. I've got a black and dark blue unthrown for collecting purposes and I've got a trade itch going so I was thinking about offering up the judge and a sea foam glow verdict but just wasn't sure what the market was on the judge right now. Thanks SteezeOG

yeah the blue stamps on those are a sweet color. I've got the same blue and black I'm saving. If it's just test thrown you should get a decent trade out of it. Same with that verdict those are actually starting to go even better now that the regular lucid is out and is more OS. People like the moonshine for a straighter flight. Shoot me with a PM with your interests for trades if you want I might even be up for them.

Anybody try the Fuzion judge yet? I have, unfortunately… :mad:

I really don't like it, its not the same disc (as the judge in other plastics). The shape is different, its domey and the grip has changed and is extremely deep rimmed. It flies nice, however it feels terrible. The plastic is strong and dosent beat up even when hitting trees or pavement. BUT, its just not a "Judge" to me… And for $16.99 on DDs website I am not impressed.

Im really kind of bummed out right now, I really like the Judge in classic and classic soft. i can drive, upshot and putt with them. I wanted to add this disc to the bag and throw upshots and from the tee pad as the Fuzion plastic is great and durable, my home course is very wooded and not allot of open shots. So this disc would have held up well, but I will not be bagging this disc, in fact its going to go to the marketplace soon. :thmbdown:

Bummer, anyone else have input?