• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Yeah, I have a small stack of Comets. Once you beat in a Roc though, there's an overlap and you don't "need" the Comet. But they are fun to throw.

It's nice to be able to buy a beat Roc off the shelf.
;)
I don't have enough time to beat in discs these days. I'm basically forced to use off-the-shelf stabilities :(

I hear you. My 150 class bag doesn't have a perfectly beat in Roc yet, but it does have an X-Comet!

It's nice to be able to buy a beat Roc off the shelf.
;)
I don't have enough time to beat in discs these days. I'm basically forced to use off-the-shelf stabilities :(
I turned over my drive into a headwind and threw an almost new Roc into the middle of Boulevard Street in Jacksonville, Florida where it was promptly run over by a Volvo. Between the road rash and tire tread, it was the quickest break-in period for a Roc I've ever had. :|

Back in the DGR days there was a complaint on there about DGCR that effectively was "who wants to answer the same question about Rocs 1,000 times?" I mean if you don't throw Rocs maybe that would bother you, but I'm a Roc guy. I specifically came here to answer the same Roc questions 1,000 times; it might be my favorite part of DGCR.

Right? I love talking about Rocs.

I've tried to throw other mids, but always come back to good old Rocs.

My favorite combo is the 11x/12x PFN KC's and the mini stamp DX Glos.

Plus an old Ontario if I lose most beat in DX Rancho.

Right? I love talking about Rocs.

I've tried to throw other mids, but always come back to good old Rocs.

My favorite combo is the 11x/12x PFN KC's and the mini stamp DX Glos.

The mini stamp DX Glos dont get enough credit if you ask me. Been one of my favorite runs for a while now

I have a brand new DX Ontario that I've never thrown, mostly due to me preferring KC to DX plastic. Are DX Ontarios just very straight as far as Rocs go? With as little as I throw the understable Rocs I currently bag, I'd be surprised if I ever pulled it out of the Roc pile.

I have a brand new DX Ontario that I've never thrown, mostly due to me preferring KC to DX plastic. Are DX Ontarios just very straight as far as Rocs go? With as little as I throw the understable Rocs I currently bag, I'd be surprised if I ever pulled it out of the Roc pile.

If you could get a beefy Comet in DX plastic it would be an Ontario Roc. The rims of both even feel very similar as Ontarios have a very perpendicular interface between the flight plate and inside of wing like a Comet.

The DX Ontario Rocs excel at high, glidey lines without much fade. When new they will pop up and hold a line. They do become slightly understable after some wear but like most rocs take awhile to become flippy. An Ontario will defintely get to the sweet spot quicker than a Rancho. I prefer their glide and flight but they are hard to replace nowadays. They seem to have less high speed stability and less low speed fade compared to a DX Rancho. Probably would be more useful on wooded holes than in the open.

I turned over my drive into a headwind and threw an almost new Roc into the middle of Boulevard Street in Jacksonville, Florida where it was promptly run over by a Volvo. Between the road rash and tire tread, it was the quickest break-in period for a Roc I've ever had. :|

Must of been at Springfield :D

There are a couple more of those mystery metal flake x out rocs on infinite right now as well as a couple regular champion x outs as well. Pretty good price for a champ roc.

For those who throw USDGC/Champ Rocs, which year(s) do you like most and why?

I really like the 30yr Luster Rocs. I buy them every time I come across them in person. I think I have ten now. I like them because they are very true to the numbers. 4/4/0/3. These also can skip if they hit the right angle. It is useful sometimes. Mostly, I buy them for the durability and cool stamp.

I own some of those mystery MF Rocs, I haven't thrown them yet but the tooling is not Roc3 tooling. My best guess is they're test runs for something or some special order.

Received two newer, embossed KC rocs yesterday. The rim definitely feels "plussy" to me. More so than my older, penned variants.

Anyone else noticing this on newer stock KC rocs? I hope this isn't the new standard...

Received two newer, embossed KC rocs yesterday. The rim definitely feels "plussy" to me. More so than my older, penned variants.

Anyone else noticing this on newer stock KC rocs? I hope this isn't the new standard...

I haven't looked at the rim specifically but I have noticed that newer KC rocs I have, both flat top and the normal KCs, haven't felt nearly as comfortable as I'd like. It might be the rim but it has me looking for alternatives since I don't have a local shop close by for me to look through.

I've found KC's to be generally plus-y over the last few years. Probably why I prefer DX to KC.

How much does weight impact the flight of a DX Roc? I want a DX to hold stability for as long as possible, so I figure I want 180g max weight, but I'm having trouble finding any over 177g at my usual stores.

Pretty sad at losing my 2 favorite Rocs over the past month.

I haven't looked at the rim specifically but I have noticed that newer KC rocs I have, both flat top and the normal KCs, haven't felt nearly as comfortable as I'd like. It might be the rim but it has me looking for alternatives since I don't have a local shop close by for me to look through.

Yeah, these two I just got in the mail - my hand screamed in horror as soon as I checked them out.

How much does weight impact the flight of a DX Roc? I want a DX to hold stability for as long as possible, so I figure I want 180g max weight, but I'm having trouble finding any over 177g at my usual stores.

Pretty sad at losing my 2 favorite Rocs over the past month.

177 to 180 g is going to be minimal difference. PLH is really going to be your deciding factor in starting stability and if you're looking for longevity KC plastic may be the way to go.