• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Newegg InStep Basket Deal is back!

Sooooo tempted....but I think my wife would kill me if I added to the three baskets that are already in my backyard...

It dissassembles into 3 pieces and fits in a 3'x3'x6" box
Slide it under your bed next to the old Chuck Norris life sized blow up doll

So is there anyway to use these as outdoor baskets without pieces being stolen or it rusting to hell in 3 weeks?

I'm thinking about pulling the chains from the outside rim over to the "inside" rim and configuring it like a Gateway Bullseye.

I did this with mine. It's a really old one... since I also own a DB-5, I didn't want to invest in inside chains for the InStep. It works great this way.

So is there anyway to use these as outdoor baskets without pieces being stolen or it rusting to hell in 3 weeks?

I live in North Texas (DFW). My InStep is 5 years old (I think) and is still solid. There is some rust, but it isn't close to falling apart. If you live near the coast (salty environment) it may be more of an issue. Water doesn't really hurt it much.

I need 3 more baskets for my schools course, but I am skeptical about using these. I think I want to wait for discnation to have a freerube sale again :)

I see what you did there.

They will not rust fast unless abused. And for a permanent solution, it is basically a cheaper Discatcher Sport.. same construction. So without getting extremely creative, it will be susceptible to vandalism and theft.

Some things to make them more permanent:
Cement the pole in a 5 gallon bucket. They will still be portable, but heavy as all hell.
Replace the cotter-pins with through-bolts long enough to leave some thread sticking out past the nut. Then flatten the thread with a pair of pliers or hammer so the nut can't be unscrewed.

these baskets are pretty great. ive had one for about 4 or 5 years, and its been outside the whole time. the local course with innova baskets(whatever they're called) had more chain rust after a few months than mine has now. that being said, the basket is not deep, the chains dont grab well, and its a crappy basket. but its the best crappy basket out there and worth every penny.

Well after reading the reviews I found out that it comes via Fed-ex. But can anyone tell me if they give you a tracking number when it has shipped?

Wooohoooo!! Just got my tracking number. Allthough it's not showing up yet. I can't wait to have my own basket!

thanks tbird and to everyone who gave reveiws.... just ordered mine

these baskets are pretty great. ive had one for about 4 or 5 years, and its been outside the whole time. the local course with innova baskets(whatever they're called) had more chain rust after a few months than mine has now. that being said, the basket is not deep, the chains dont grab well, and its a crappy basket. but its the best crappy basket out there and worth every penny.

InStep - the best crappy basket money can buy

Got my tracking number. Basket was shipped a few hours ago. Nothing on the status yet at Fedex but that usually takes 12-24 hours. I'm hoping to have it by Saturday. I'm going to paint it with green rustoleum maybe have someone dip the chains. The flag I'm going to paint over too. Shouldn't even look like the InStep when I'm done with it.

Just ordered mine last night! I will be going to Lowes this Friday to pick up al the items I need for my second set of chains. Thanks foir the heads up, I'm pumped!

Latest posts