• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Newegg InStep Basket Deal is back!

Got one.
That makes my second practice basket.
Gonna sit it in the backyard and let it get rusty. For $69, it's worth it.

Has anyone thrown on these? Can you give any opinions before those of us not familiar with it pull the trigger?
If you add a second set of chains (like I did) they work very well! The size & design is a lot closer to a real basket than the The SkillShot™, The DISCatcher® Traveler, etc.
I'm betting that they are not PDGA approved for tourny play because of the small size of the chains (and only single row).

According to the following quote from the product description, the basket meets the requirements for approval. I'm guessing it would be approved for lower tiers but not at the Championship level.
Three discs are included with the goal (putt and approach, mid-range, and long-range). Due to its galvanized and powder coated construction, the Instep DG200 frisbee golf basket is weather resistant. The set-up of this frisbee golf basket is quick and easy so you can take it to your local park whenever you feel like it. Plus Instep DG200 meets all PDGA requirements.

How about weather durability? I guess I'm concerned because I don't own a garage, any basket I buy will stay outside year-round, and I live in Central, NY.

i have one and i love it! stands up to weather great too! this is a must if you need a practice basket on a budget! an extra set of chains would be nice. it does spit through but for a practice basket it gives you a great idea if you are doing it right!

Do we know how long this sale will last? I really want one but I need to wait for my tax return to get here.

Good lookin out man I just ordered one for the back yard. Free shipping sealed the deal. For what I saved there I can put the inner ring of chains on. Got a covered back porch so I'll just bring it in each night.

just pulled the trigger - thanks for the reviews and pics from all of the current owners.

Gregwil - i can't think of a better way to invest your tax money :)

Read some of the reviews; this one from DiscDog made me chuckle:

Cons: The charcoal keeps falling through. ;-)

Has anyone thrown on these? Can you give any opinions before those of us not familiar with it pull the trigger?

These are definitely not going to catch everything that a Discatcher would, but they suffice for practice and are better than the price tag. I play a course in NH (Woods at Beauty Hill) that used to have 18 of these things, and it was frustrating. You have to hit them solidly to stay in, and even then they can spit out, but again, for the price it's well worth it. Just don't put them in a pay to play course or folks will get grumpy.

Thanks OP...I was waiting for this to come back! Now to find the thread with the chains mod...

Gah! Alright, fine. I bought one. I'll give it a year, and if it doesn't perform up to par (ha!) then I'll buckle down and pick up a Gateway Titan or something.

I'm thinking about pulling the chains from the outside rim over to the "inside" rim and configuring it like a Gateway Bullseye.

I went to home depot and had them cut me measured lengths of similar chain to whats on the instep.i then bought a .2.5 in center ring and a bunch of s hooks.two sets of chains really makes a difference and also provides the loved "ching" sound(due to the center ring).love this basket now.

Can't wait for the inevitable next "What did you do to your newegg InStep" thread! I know the Bullseye mod is on my list too.