• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes quite a few, 1 in Helsinki, 1 in Nokia, 1 in Stockholm, 1 in Amsterdam and a handful of others i can not remember.

What did you think about the Amsterdam course (Sloterpark)? It was my home course for a year. I think of it as Winthrop-like, there is basically no elevation except the hill hole, but they use water, OB, mandos, and distance well to still make it challenging for an advanced/pro player. I am curious what a top pro thinks though, the best guys in the Netherlands are "only" around 980 rated.

Sounds like a plan, problem is tourneys are always full!

Hmmm... GBO had plenty of room this past weekend. In fact, Nikko Locastro showed up Friday morning and played with no problems. It would've been quite a test and showdown. Haven't been to a tournament yet where they turn folks away even that day. I'm sure it happens, but I'd say it's very rare. "Always full" is very much a stretch...

Gotta say I've become a big fan of yours since this thread. Anyway just a story I stumble into the hotel I'm staying at for a particular amateur tournament over the weekend where I see some starters and a player of a certain new company that has started. Anyway as they are reviewing results of the GBO and they are making comments. I simply say I bet you come back get at least 2nd place and pretty much say you're the best Sunday player in the world. One of the owners says no way I'll bet your $50 I'm wrong. Didn't take the bet cause I'd have no way of collecting but just wanted to say thanks for making him eat his words.

I do have a question about throwing...when you are pulling the disc from your right peck out to the hit point do you engage your midsection or the core muscles in your stomach to help fire your hips and shoulders open towards your target?

Gotta say I've become a big fan of yours since this thread. Anyway just a story I stumble into the hotel I'm staying at for a particular amateur tournament over the weekend where I see some starters and a player of a certain new company that has started. Anyway as they are reviewing results of the GBO and they are making comments. I simply say I bet you come back get at least 2nd place and pretty much say you're the best Sunday player in the world. One of the owners says no way I'll bet your $50 I'm wrong. Didn't take the bet cause I'd have no way of collecting but just wanted to say thanks for making him eat his words.

Does his name start with a J ;)

Right now he is probably traveling to Denver for his tournament that starts tomorrow. Don't know why he hasn't answered since last weekend.

Hey Paul, earlier in the thread you mentioned you use the 4 finger power grip for every throw except putts. For approaches, does the disc still rip out of your hand, or do you open up to let it fly out? If you open up, around what distances do you start doing so?

I open my hand, I would say about up to 375' is opening up then after that it rips out

Status
Not open for further replies.