• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just have to realize all that prepping and practice you did prior to the event is gonna pay off. I step up to every putt knowing I can make it, depending on the situation is whether or not I go for it.

My 2012 memorial round I had a game plan. Hole 1 I knew where their drives were and I kbew in order to stay ahead I had to run my putt and show them I wasn't just going to be a push over. That putt set the tone for the rest of my round.

Cool, sounds pretty similar to what Anthon was saying at USDGC this year. Something like "You have to know the baskets are huge and if you're not gonna go for it lay up." He has a pretty aggressive putting style like you. Something I'd like to emulate in the future.

As I'm someone who may never throw a disc 500+ feet, how did you feel the first time you crushed a disc out that far?

As I'm someone who may never throw a disc 500+ feet, how did you feel the first time you crushed a disc out that far?

I've never really thought about it because I feel like there isn't a limit on how far you can throw. It's kind of like the 100m dash they say you can't run faster but somehow they keep doing it. I guess I would say its almost just normal since I never put a limit on how far I believe I can throw

Paul, I'm really enjoying this thread - thanks for taking the time to respond to the masses, it's great to chat with a player of your stature on this forum.

Have you played any Michigan courses and, if so, did any of them really leave a lasting impression on you?

Paul, I'm really enjoying this thread - thanks for taking the time to respond to the masses, it's great to chat with a player of your stature on this forum.

Have you played any Michigan courses and, if so, did any of them really leave a lasting impression on you?

No problem I hope to stay in touch more throughout the year.

Ive played 2events in MI one was Worlds in '08 those courses were nothing to special and then I have also played DGLO I liked the Monster course. I also made the AM nats course that one was fun.

While your at it, what do you think of Dela and Stafford Lake? Thanks.

I love Dela its a lot of controlled shots. When I say controlled I mean you have to hit your line AND have the right distance because that course has some cliffs.
I've never played stafford or a lot of Norcal course.

Paul, how often do you swap discs in and out of your bag? Is it pretty static throughout the season or is it constantly in flux?

Paul, how often do you swap discs in and out of your bag? Is it pretty static throughout the season or is it constantly in flux?

I filter through discs quite often. I like when discs fly new and you can predict the flight better. I swap putters often to, I like to "retire" my putters after key wins too.

I filter through discs quite often. I like when discs fly new and you can predict the flight better. I swap putters often to, I like to "retire" my putters after key wins too.

Interesting... do you have a wall of retired putters? Or do you just ditch 'em?

Any funny stories from the road?

If you could play the final 9 of worlds with any 3 Pros who would they be?

Had the opportunity to see you win the Des Moines Challenge. Planning on making the trip again next year? Any flaws or room for improvement in your eyes?

Interesting... do you have a wall of retired putters? Or do you just ditch 'em?

I keep some, I have 7 putters from this year. (memorial,masters cup and Worlds)
Most of the time I give them to some kid or kids who followed me throughout the week or weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.