• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't agree with their offer and I really didn't see the same "furthering the game" that they do. I'm curious how they really are going to further the game.

I posted this idea/question in the "pros leaving sponsors thread," ur take would be interesting. It sounds like prodigy basically courted as many as, what, 30 top pros. And they're all getting $10k base from prodigy.

It seems from my lowly point of view, that aside frOm the majors, it's been more financially viable for top pros to mostly play regionally, close to home, even b tiers, most weekends, where they know they'd be one of only a couple/few elites competing.

If all these top level guys and gals are making some base salary, have a vested interest in the company, and are being concentrated geographically, will they all start showing up at the same tourney week in week out? Could THIS be the "growing the sport/creating a 'legit' pro tour" thinking?

I posted this idea/question in the "pros leaving sponsors thread," ur take would be interesting. It sounds like prodigy basically courted as many as, what, 30 top pros. And they're all getting $10k base from prodigy.

It seems from my lowly point of view, that aside frOm the majors, it's been more financially viable for top pros to mostly play regionally, close to home, even b tiers, most weekends, where they know they'd be one of only a couple/few elites competing.

If all these top level guys and gals are making some base salary, have a vested interest in the company, and are being concentrated geographically, will they all start showing up at the same tourney week in week out? Could THIS be the "growing the sport/creating a 'legit' pro tour" thinking?

So, correction, the "base salary" thing is just the latest "venom" circulating. I thought another poster had verified, but it's just speculation at this point...of course if they made you "the offer" you already know this.

All these players show up to the same events anyways, I don't see that as growing the sport.

What's the farthest distance on a hole that you'll choose to drive with a putter, if you ever drive with a putter? If you do, what kind of holes do you choose a putter off the tee over a mid/driver?

This has been a heated topic on here before.

What's the farthest distance on a hole that you'll choose to drive with a putter, if you ever drive with a putter? If you do, what kind of holes do you choose a putter off the tee over a mid/driver?

This has been a heated topic on here before.

For me if there are small trees in the way and I need something to go straight and fall straight ill throw a putt with no wind or tailwind up to 300 then its pushing it

People are only going to want to throw a putter where it works for them. Thrown properly we see guys like Double G throw them out to 400-500 feet. With enough practice an experienced player with good form will be able to get them out to 250 or so. It shouldn't really be that heated of a topic because there is no one perfect answer that works for everyone. We are all going to answer the question of how well and how far we can effectively use a putter differently based on our form and experience. Just throw what works.

It is really interesting to hear Paul share his thoughts on this. I appreciate that and it helps give some perspective/ballpark ideas on how the pros see it for sure.

People are only going to want to throw a putter where it works for them. Thrown properly we see guys like Double G throw them out to 400-500 feet. With enough practice an experienced player with good form will be able to get them out to 250 or so. It shouldn't really be that heated of a topic because there is no one perfect answer that works for everyone. We are all going to answer the question of how well and how far we can effectively use a putter differently based on our form and experience. Just throw what works.

It is really interesting to hear Paul share his thoughts on this. I appreciate that and it helps give some perspective/ballpark ideas on how the pros see it for sure.

Yes if I wanted to throw a putter down a hill it can travel up to 500+ but what I like it for is up to 300 with control after that you can get shaky and wobble it off into the woods

Yes if I wanted to throw a putter down a hill it can travel up to 500+ but what I like it for is up to 300 with control after that you can get shaky and wobble it off into the woods

True. There is definitely a difference between throwing for distance and throwing in a tournament. How much distance do you think the hill at USDGC adds? I know I have seen him throw an aviar 400 on flat, even slightly uphill ground.

#1 maybe 3 I hear it about 20+ a day when I travel with you.
#2 because I NEVER feel like it's a positive after I eat it. It's nothing but regret.
#3 I believe I only have 1 left... And yes they all seem to hand hitting the ground.

I think I figured out why, its from me learning to speak thai, the word for "to know" can be used in place of ok in response to something... as my thai gets better my english gets worse I guess lol

I've never regretted eating coldstone, wow. so sad I think you just need to try peanut butter perfection with a brownie added in, nothing but bliss afterwards I promise

1 left? ;( ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts