• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul,

What are your thoughts on the new pdga rule penalizing dnf's and round tanking?

It's about time.... they paid the money for the event it's not the courses or tournaments fault that whomever didn't train right.... If someone gets hurt thats a different story.

My least favorite are anything single chained thats just not to professional in my opinion.

Favorite would be the innova discatcher.... The ones with the bands I feel like those give you the best target.

Here is my true opinion though,i would be 100% for putting on bulls eye baskets in every tournament. Those seem like the best chance to make putting actually harder.
Those baskets don't fall under my single chain comment its a different style.single chain basket.

Agree

My least favorite are anything single chained thats just not to professional in my opinion.

Favorite would be the innova discatcher.... The ones with the bands I feel like those give you the best target.

Here is my true opinion though,i would be 100% for putting on bulls eye baskets in every tournament. Those seem like the best chance to make putting actually harder.
Those baskets don't fall under my single chain comment its a different style.single chain basket.

Y'all didn't seem to have any troubles with my Bulleyes at the Fly Ink Open recently. I bet that 100% BE's would make for an interesting event. :thmbup:

Pyramids has a 18 hole P&A course with all Bullseye targets. It's really helpful for your putter game.

Paul, I notice when you drive, especially on shorter tees, you seem to really maintain eye contact with the target through much if not all of the run-up. Do you feel like maintaining eye contact is essential for you in driving accuracy? Do you feel like you have your eye on the target (or trajectory) when you release the disc?

Thanks, and I apologize if this has been asked already.

Y'all didn't seem to have any troubles with my Bulleyes at the Fly Ink Open recently. I bet that 100% BE's would make for an interesting event. :thmbup:

Yea I think those catch only good putts and thats what me need plus no cut throughs

Paul, I notice when you drive, especially on shorter tees, you seem to really maintain eye contact with the target through much if not all of the run-up. Do you feel like maintaining eye contact is essential for you in driving accuracy? Do you feel like you have your eye on the target (or trajectory) when you release the disc?

Thanks, and I apologize if this has been asked already.

I do it on anything that isn't full power.... I believe its just something from baseball it may be a positive or negative but it seems to work for me

I do it on anything that isn't full power.... I believe its just something from baseball it may be a positive or negative but it seems to work for me

I do this too.. because I'm a pitcher Haha It helps a lot. I also compare it to skateboarding.. whenever you do a trick, you gotta spot your landing.. visualize where you're going to land.. helps with the mental part of the game in my opinion.

yep, right next to maple hill. My question is, how much do you think about your follow through if at all? Do you do anything specific like drills or routines to improve your follow through.

thanks

I don't focus on it anymore but when I started I knew it was big if you want to suceed. I never did drill but when some one doesn't follow through it stupid their momentum which causes a lack of distance and control. I would say it's something to work on just make up your own kind of drill I guess. Maybe trying your throw infront of a mirror might help.

Paul,

Thanks again for doing this!

Any tips for playing in the snow/cold weather?

Seeing that you are a fan of roller coasters, you should try and get out to Farragut in Idaho. 3 great courses and Silverwood theme park right next door!

yep, right next to maple hill. My question is, how much do you think about your follow through if at all? Do you do anything specific like drills or routines to improve your follow through.

thanks

Drift alert...

Greenwell, in some vid or something, talks about finishing with ur non-throwing elbow (left for a RHBH) pointing at your target. I think the way he put it was, if you do that, you can't help but get your shoulders and hips through unless you're a freak of nature...for what it's worth.

Sorry for "throwing into" the reigning WC thread!

Hey Paul you've been my favorite disc golfer so I was excited to see you taking questions..
and that your a Bronco fan ;) You had mentioned not to long ago you might be moving to Denver do you still have plans too? whats your favorite courses in Colorado? do you plan on playing the 303 open or any of our A tier's this year? if so I hope to record your rounds on a full lenght video, thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts