• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bizarro world are you talking about? The number of disc golfers is peanuts compared to most sports. There are sports way bigger and older than disc golf that also don't have much money and they even have testing. There are many Olympians which are the elite of the elite and they still can't afford to quit their day job and they have testing out the wazoo.

There isn't much anyone can do to stop the "image" of recreational dgers, except taking courses out of public parks and making them all private pay to play. I don't think that will grow the number of players or the competitive pool though. The general public doesn't even know there are competitive disc golfers, touring pros, or a PDGA. I didn't even know there were disc golf tournaments until I had played 2 years or so.

All I will say to this is, LOL. Not worth arguing with you.

When you say 'drugs' do you mean substances other than pot? Just curious.

When I was competing it was the norm to see the guys I was playing with bust out a bag of meth and snort lines right in front of me. This happened at Morley all the time, had it happened at Huntington Beach, DeLa Veaga and oak grove also. Morley was the worst and most likely still is. What kills me is that it is a pay to play course so something needs to be done about it. The thing is, if they tried to stop the problem at Morley then more than 1/2 of the courses business would be gone. The owner won't let that happen.

When I was competing it was the norm to see the guys I was playing with bust out a bag of meth and snort lines right in front of me. This happened at Morley all the time, had it happened at Huntington Beach, DeLa Veaga and oak grove also. Morley was the worst and most likely still is. What kills me is that it is a pay to play course so something needs to be done about it. The thing is, if they tried to stop the problem at Morley then more than 1/2 of the courses business would be gone. The owner won't let that happen.

thats horrible.

I see that you play with all the rocs...kc, dx, roc3 and star.....what do you think is the difference between these? and when do you use them?
and why is the shark3 gonna take the star rocs place?

During the Memorial at Vista; what disc and shot do you throw on hole12 (the dam hole)? That hole gives me fits.

I knew he answered this somewhat and I wasn't going to look for long to find this, but it was on the 3rd page. :)
I see that you play with all the rocs...kc, dx, roc3 and star.....what do you think is the difference between these? and when do you use them?

They range from 172-180 dx for light turn over KC for straight to turnover champion for straight cotrolled shots and star for overstable

That's crazy, it sounds like it's your area that has a massive problem. I'd move or call in the marines. :eek:

the shark3 is a bit faster and more predictable then the star roc. i prefer flatter mid ranges and the shark3 is that.

What's a good beginner disc that's really easy to throw

if you want a all around disc like a mid range i would suggest a cahmpion Roc3 it can be bag from day 1 till your pro days. also is in a really durable plastic which will save some money down the road

if you are looking for a driver i would say a leopard or roadrunner to start

also for a putter i would suggest a aviar, they're are many mold and plastics so i would say pick the one that fills best in you hands

i am very young and i was wondering what disc i should get next
here is my bag

putters:
Rhyno for hyzers and anhyzers and for wooded play
Birdie for straight putts

Fairway: Cheetah

Drivers:
Beast for pure distance
Manarch for turnovers ,rollers, hilly play, and tomahawks
Firebird for windy play, overhand shots and hyzer
Katana hevily woodes eras and scoober rollers

Status