• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul, are you going to play any events before The Memorial ? Gentlemens/Vegas or Otter Open ?

Ooh ooh ooh! Ooh! Ooh ooh! Do you ever turn a fan on for some pseudo-outside conditions when you're putting inside because it's raining?

Good luck with Beastly Films, too.

you throw a sidearm with your "elbow" which mean thats what aims it. so with a hyzer you drop your elbow below you hip to where a flat or turnover is even or above your hips.
So you don't change your spine/lean and shoulder plane for a hyzer more like a short stop throwing to first on the run?

Hey Paul, I just played my first open tourney today and shot a 65. It was a terrible score. I usually shoot around a 51 on that course. A guy I absolutely despise was on my card and that might have had something to do with it but do you have any advice for improving consistency and any mental game tips. Good luck this coming year and I hope I get to compete with you when I get my mental game and consistency down.

Nice :hfive:

Who do you think is your biggest competition on any given weekend?

at the moment Ricky or Will but i'm pretty sure neither of them are throwing many prodigy yet so we won't see who really steps up outta that group till they release all their discs

Ooh ooh ooh! Ooh! Ooh ooh! Do you ever turn a fan on for some pseudo-outside conditions when you're putting inside because it's raining?

Good luck with Beastly Films, too.

no if it's windy ill just putt outside, i only putted inside mostly to try camera angles and the rain

So you don't change your spine/lean and shoulder plane for a hyzer more like a short stop throwing to first on the run?

with that you can put your weight into more and go to the ground and there really isn't a judgement on speed you need to put on the ball just accuracy, if you.

i thought you original question was on getting distance, you wouldn't have a shortstop throw D with his submarine style over a pitcher throwing 3/4

Hey Paul, I just played my first open tourney today and shot a 65. It was a terrible score. I usually shoot around a 51 on that course. A guy I absolutely despise was on my card and that might have had something to do with it but do you have any advice for improving consistency and any mental game tips. Good luck this coming year and I hope I get to compete with you when I get my mental game and consistency down.

first off who are you trying to impress? when you shoot that far off you average your trying to hard for some reason. you know what you can do now get out there and do it. another thing i think that is a huge factor is being prepared for a event, practice leading up to the event is huge. try something simple like that then you will start to narrow down your own problem easier

first off who are you trying to impress? when you shoot that far off you average your trying to hard for some reason. you know what you can do now get out there and do it. another thing i think that is a huge factor is being prepared for a event, practice leading up to the event is huge. try something simple like that then you will start to narrow down your own problem easier

Nice advice as usual. Again, thanks for showing up here over and over. I think this whole site should or does appreciate you being who you are in making the extra effort. Much respect Paul. I hope I get to meet you and thank you in person some day! You are an amazing rep for innova!

ouch.

What kind of practice do you do before a tourney?

Paul, my apologies if this has been asked before, but what are the most overstable putter and midrange in your bag, and what shots do you use them for?

Paul, my apologies if this has been asked before, but what are the most overstable putter and midrange in your bag, and what shots do you use them for?

S-P2 mostly driving and short up shots

Champion Gator headwinds, skip shots and any hard hyzer lines

I'm having some putting issues and wondering if you can give me some general advice... Playing 2 years...seem to be close to going pro except for putting issues...solid from inside 20 but don't seem to get enough power from 25 to 40...thought about slowing down the putt to use more legs but missing right every time now...I'm lost now

Thanks,
CJ

Any tips on rollers? What disc/plastic/ weight do you use? Going to pull a weezy and 3peat at the memorial this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.