• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wasn't a insult by any means, normally when you make mental mistakes its because you are over thinking or trying to impress someone.

ok. I went back and read it in a different tone, and it makes sense how you meant it. good lookin out.:thmbup:

While warming up before a tourney do you throw 100% or do you keep that baseball mentality and only put 70%-80% effort in to your throws as to not wear yourself out before hand. My routine has become as follows while doing field work: I'll throw my putters 3 times each equaling 9 throws. Mids 2 times each equaling 10 throws. Fairways 3 times equaling 9 throws. Then drivers 1 time each equaling 6 throws. Totaling about 35 throws.. but I''m throwing them at about 80% power.

How do you grip the disc when putting? I have trouble getting the same release every putt without any inconsistencies. Is part of your grip locking things in place or do you just keep it loose and feel when its right?

S-P2 mostly driving and short up shots

Champion Gator headwinds, skip shots and any hard hyzer lines

I've read that you only throw stock discs, so are your gators cfr? Have you ever thrown a first run, or the pearly stock stamp champ gator?

I'm having some putting issues and wondering if you can give me some general advice... Playing 2 years...seem to be close to going pro except for putting issues...solid from inside 20 but don't seem to get enough power from 25 to 40...thought about slowing down the putt to use more legs but missing right every time now...I'm lost now

Thanks,
CJ

Aim left... :D

I'm having some putting issues and wondering if you can give me some general advice... Playing 2 years...seem to be close to going pro except for putting issues...solid from inside 20 but don't seem to get enough power from 25 to 40...thought about slowing down the putt to use more legs but missing right every time now...I'm lost now

Thanks,
CJ

That's because you are right eye dominant so you are prone to miss right if you aim directly at the center of the chains because your eyes can not adjust that precisely. The adjustment may only be an inch left at 15 feet but at 40 it could be a foot left.

Ok Paul, here is my question, what does the new McAviar throw/fly like? Im guessing you opted for no bead for a good clean release but Im wondering if they are high speed stable/understable, are they good driving putters?

shoes

Mr McBeth, what kind of shoes do you wear? Are they waterproof? Comfy?
Does the top of the shoe ever come off of the soles? I'm trying to get a long lasting, comfortable waterproof shoe for dg.

thanks

While warming up before a tourney do you throw 100% or do you keep that baseball mentality and only put 70%-80% effort in to your throws as to not wear yourself out before hand. My routine has become as follows while doing field work: I'll throw my putters 3 times each equaling 9 throws. Mids 2 times each equaling 10 throws. Fairways 3 times equaling 9 throws. Then drivers 1 time each equaling 6 throws. Totaling about 35 throws.. but I''m throwing them at about 80% power.

i don't have a set number of throws, it's more to get lose like playing catch before baseball games you start short then extend the distace. i can't say i ever throw 100% power before a event its mostly 50-80% range. putts are always 100% just like batting practice.

How do you grip the disc when putting? I have trouble getting the same release every putt without any inconsistencies. Is part of your grip locking things in place or do you just keep it loose and feel when its right?

i super fan it, my middle finger pretty much touches the inner rings. i like to feel like i'm owning the disc.

That's because you are right eye dominant so you are prone to miss right if you aim directly at the center of the chains because your eyes can not adjust that precisely. The adjustment may only be an inch left at 15 feet but at 40 it could be a foot left.

someone listens to feldbergs clinics... i must say ive never understood where he got that.... imo

Ok Paul, here is my question, what does the new McAviar throw/fly like? Im guessing you opted for no bead for a good clean release but Im wondering if they are high speed stable/understable, are they good driving putters?

its still the same mold, so it still has the glide and flight. just firmer in the hand.

What kind of shorts do you prefer while playing? I'm in a transitional phase and I'm figuring out what is more comfortable with that serious look at the same time. Used to just use basketball shorts, but I switched to some cargo shorts and now I'm just trying different shorts lol. I may try some dickies next.

The question is underlined lol. Don't read further unless you want.

Mr McBeth, what kind of shoes do you wear? Are they waterproof? Comfy?
Does the top of the shoe ever come off of the soles? I'm trying to get a long lasting, comfortable waterproof shoe for dg.

thanks

I have 2 pairs Addias has a sweet line that i have no complaints about but salomom has always been my go to, i have just always played so much in salomon that the bottom rubber go bald before anything else rips

What kind of shorts do you prefer while playing? I'm in a transitional phase and I'm figuring out what is more comfortable with that serious look at the same time. Used to just use basketball shorts, but I switched to some cargo shorts and now I'm just trying different shorts lol. I may try some dickies next.

The question is underlined lol. Don't read further unless you want.

go look at golf shorts, by far worth the money. comfort and style

go look at golf shorts, by far worth the money. comfort and style

:thmbup:

Kohl's has a good line of golf apparel (think it's called Grand Slam). If you watch out, you can get golf shorts/pants on sale/clearance for like $20 or cheaper if you've got member discounts. I like their fitted dri-fit polos too. Doesn't feel like you're wearing a bed sheet while throwing.

Dress for success on the course! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts