• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

I wonder how these will compare to my S FD's. It probably won't replace them but I bet I end up trying one out.

Curse my curious nature when it comes to new discs

MVP's description suggests it should be like a FR Volt. Straight with forward fade.

The new volts coming out more overstable suddenly make sense

Kinda what I'm thinking. With the addition of the glide being highlighted and the new volts being more stable it would make sense lineup-wise to have a FR Volt stability slower fairway.

Sounds like something understable if low power playrs can throw it straight

I think MVP says stuff to get more people like myself to buy it. Then I realize I have been duped...I just bought more awesome looking plastic I cant throw!:doh: I will not give into to the Servo.

MVP makes the most beautiful discs on the market that mainly only comes in 170+ weights. I know lighter is SOMETIMES out there (I know a guy,who knows this guy,who...). You have to be near "PRO" to throw this stuff.

I am happy and my bag is happy with NO MVP on board.:D

Let the hate begin, I have spoke against the master!

I am not sure if I agree that you would have to be near pro to throw their stuff but I will say throw what you like and throw what works. Personally, I am a noodle arm. I only have 300ft and it's taken me a year to get here hahaha. But I use a proton volt 171g I believe as my OS driver and wind fighter. I can get it out pretty close to my other discs. I also have a first run neutron volt 168g that I can flip up from a small hyzer and even get alittle turn out of it. As far as the weights I believe these speed 7 drivers will likely be available down to 160g. Although I am not sure how much it will matter, I've noticed that weighting up to 170-172g hasn't really made any of the molds I throw that different from the 165-167g I used to search for. Either way I am very excited to try this disc!

When I started using MVP is when I started getting a lot better at disc golf. A lot of their stuff, especially the Axis, hates bad form so it forced me to to throw better.

Now, I've got a bag full and can't wait to add the Servo.

When I started using MVP is when I started getting a lot better at disc golf. A lot of their stuff, especially the Axis, hates bad form so it forced me to to throw better.

Funny, I have my two aces with a Proton Axis and I am constantly working on form. Regardless, the gyro effect is for real and when released right you can feel that tug on your fingertips. It leaps out and flies a nice narrow s-curve.

Based on the description, this could be one of the best drivers in disc golf. I can't to see if that's true or not.

Based on the description, this could be one of the best drivers in disc golf. I can't to see if that's true or not.

LOL, isn't the exact same thing said about all of their discs, based on the marketing buzz? ;)

LOL, isn't the exact same thing said about all of their discs, based on the marketing buzz? ;)

Hey man, they have to make it sound good right? :p

No but seriously, I'm thinking it'll be more QJLS. Which is a great driver. We'll see soon...

I'm not sure if I'll throw, but at least a disc golf company is making a true fairway driver unlike a speed 9-10 and calling it a fairway driver.