• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Stamp A Day Thread!

What kind of "edgy"?

Something a little less obvious than a disc flying around a mountain. Haven't really given it much thought yet because the next tourney is over a year away.

Everything designed/published for the tournament this year had a somewhat pedestrian, conservative feel. While that might be appropriate for a bolf tournament, the vibe of our sport has a bit more panache and I'd like the logos and themes of next years tournament to convey that.

Everything designed/published for the tournament this year had a somewhat pedestrian, conservative feel. While that might be appropriate for a bolf tournament, the vibe of our sport has a bit more panache and I'd like the logos and themes of next years tournament to convey that.

This is a discussion point I find myself constantly defending.

...and stuff like this.

"I don't get it. Why is there a bird?"

"Because there are blue herons at Lake Casitas."

"But it's the Coyote Classic. It should have a coyote on it."

"For every tournament? Every year?"

"There's not even a basket."

"It's being stamped on discs. Do baseball gloves always have little pictures of baseballs on them?"

picture.php

Not sure if this is getting used yet.

nice use of color... hopefully they'll use this!

Three Putt thought it was too scary and made me put Jason Voorhees in it.

santamariaopenthreeputtedit.png

my wolverine pinup is gonna be a stamp for a couple of marvel rascals! i gotta do a little re-arting but it should be pretty cool.

logancopy.jpg
You'll have to work on Logan's furry arms there. I'm not sure the hotstamp will capture that much detail.

d'synnt is about to be unleashed!

josh hamm over at widye discs is about to place the order with innova for the mayhem disc that i drew for the event. he is taking suggesstions so if you have any contact him (facebook, etc). so far, this is what he is ordering:

KC Glow Aviars, CFR Katanas, Flat Firebirds, Glow Boss, Star Vulcans, Star Leopards, DX Aviars, DX San Rocs, KC Rocs... Any other suggestions?

i'm looking forward to the kc roc, glow boss and beefy flat glow firebird...

mayhemopenlowrez2.jpg

My suggestion is about the stamp itself. Will Innova let you tweak their logo so the perspective is correct on the disc? It's minor but it's bugging me on such a great stamp.

My suggestion is about the stamp itself. Will Innova let you tweak their logo so the perspective is correct on the disc? It's minor but it's bugging me on such a great stamp.

they supposedly already fixed it. it was bothering me also!

OK.

I guess I'll still post this then. :eek:

attachment.php

Attachments

• mayhem open.jpg
    mayhem open.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 493
It sucks that guy's tooth grew through his eyeball. :\

I did some research on this and spoke to the monster about it. Apparently the health plan that monsters use doesn't reimburse for orthodontics or anything other than dental prophylaxis and his employer doesn't have an FSA or an HSA. So his parents couldn't afford to correct it, and now he can't either :|

Here's one for this weekends tourney

Attachments

• 3 Park Tow Prev.jpg
    3 Park Tow Prev.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 459
Here's a couple upcoming ones

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• GPO Nearly Final.jpg
    GPO Nearly Final.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 451
  • NPA1.jpg
    NPA1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 449
Last edited by a moderator:
@dgdave: I edited your post so we could all see the stamps better.

Those are really nice.

And another

Attachments

• IMG_20100911_101056.jpg
    IMG_20100911_101056.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Latest posts