• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The sun is shining and it's 50 degrees!

Daylight savings = National Disc Golf Day??

^^BINGO. More daylight and sunny skies teamed up for the first 3-round day I've managed since, hmmm.... September something? We had numerous league days rescheduled or straight cancelled last year due to continuous flooding, starting the big melt right now hopefully will help prevent a repeat.

Played Plantation, Fl Saturday, low was 68. Did warm up to 72 by mid day.
Played Mardham park in Sunrise, Fl Sunday. Sunny 78. Enjoy while I can as the 90's are coming soon I am sure.

I don't mind cold really at all, it's the two feet of snow that sucks, walking through it and losing discs. I do not like heat and humidity though. 90's and high humidity is torture, I would almost rather play in two feet of snow. Playing Elm Creek last year on a hot day I called it quits after 16 both rounds to go in the AC and cool off. I'm thinking that bringing a lot of really cold ice water might help though. I've always brought water but nothing really cold and in great quantity.

Just drove 30 minutes to play a course that wasn't covered in snow. It felt glorious.

All the way up to 56 right now!

85 % of the snow is gone.

Time to light 'em up!

I don't mind cold really at all, it's the two feet of snow that sucks, walking through it and losing discs. I do not like heat and humidity though. 90's and high humidity is torture, I would almost rather play in two feet of snow. Playing Elm Creek last year on a hot day I called it quits after 16 both rounds to go in the AC and cool off. I'm thinking that bringing a lot of really cold ice water might help though. I've always brought water but nothing really cold and in great quantity.

I know I look like a total idiot when I wear it, but I bought a wide-brimmed fishing hat at Gander Mountain a couple of years ago. When it's really hot, I'll wear that and keep the majority of the sun off my head, face, neck, and ears, and it really makes a big difference. If it gets really hot, I'll get it wet and then put it back on and that feels like heaven. When everyone else is putting on gallons of sunscreen and it's sweating into their eyes and their ears are burned and they are miserable, I'm just always in the shade. :) At that point, I don't care how I look.

I know I look like a total idiot when I wear it, but I bought a wide-brimmed fishing hat at Gander Mountain a couple of years ago. When it's really hot, I'll wear that and keep the majority of the sun off my head, face, neck, and ears, and it really makes a big difference. If it gets really hot, I'll get it wet and then put it back on and that feels like heaven. When everyone else is putting on gallons of sunscreen and it's sweating into their eyes and their ears are burned and they are miserable, I'm just always in the shade. :) At that point, I don't care how I look.

I might have an old fishing hat somewhere. It is white with a neck flap and good sized brim. Good idea, maybe that with some ice cold ice water might make those hot days on the hilly courses manageable. :hfive:

I might have an old fishing hat somewhere. It is white with a neck flap and good sized brim. Good idea, maybe that with some ice cold ice water might make those hot days on the hilly courses manageable. :hfive:

:thmbup: Definitely can't hurt to try it. I'm old enough to not care if someone thinks I look like a dork.

I rock the big brimmed outdoor hat. I have a nice white Colombia one. The one I have is a lightweight material and has mesh around the band area for ventilation. Keeps the sun out of my eyes, keeps my face and neck shaded nicely too. Keeps me from having to put sunscreen on my face,ears,and neck. I wear it even when it is almost a hundred degrees here in the summertime.

When the temps get that high sweating is gonna happen and even my favorite Coppertone Sport sunscreen wont say on AND I don't get that frying in my skin feeling that you do with sunscreen. Having my face covered in sunscreen makes me feel like I am overheating.

Yep, not to mention constantly reapplying it and then having that greasy feeling on your hands that you can't totally get rid of anyway.... all the more reason to put the big hat on. I love it.

Ok - after re-checking the forecast....GAH!!! It was nice today (45) and will be 50 tomorrow which will help knock the snow down quite a bit....but....12 inches forecasted for Weds. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.