• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Things We Do For Disc Golf

DavidSauls = Disc Golf Warrior.................*mic dropped and broke

Lies, all lies.

I leave the office early and tell my employees I have a meeting, then I hit the disc golf course on my way home, change back into my work clothes post round and arrive home to the wife and kids with no mention of the round so I don't get placed into the "would rather play disc golf than come home to his family early" bucket.

Been there, done that.
Didn't step in the bucket!! :hfive:

I drove 2 hrs to play Rollin Ridge for the 1st time in 2012. I was 1 week out of surgery after having a tumor, my semetic cord and a nut removed because of testicular cancer. Played mids and shorts. I could hardly bend down to pick up a disc by the last 9 of the second round but I had to finish to so I would know my score...lol.

DavidSauls = Disc Golf Warrior.................*mic dropped and broke

I drove 2 hrs to play Rollin Ridge for the 1st time in 2012. I was 1 week out of surgery after having a tumor, my semetic cord and a nut removed because of testicular cancer. Played mids and shorts. I could hardly bend down to pick up a disc by the last 9 of the second round but I had to finish to so I would know my score...lol.

That's a warrior.

Around 8 months ago I totally messed up my Plantar in my right foot....lots of heel pain, and walked with a limp...I was unable to complete my home course of 23 holes, had to quit, due to foot pain, after about 10 holes.....I really should have given up Disc Golf for several months to let the Plantar heal properly....

I was unable (unwilling) to give up disc golf, so instead, I gave up walking, and I bought an Airwheel S5 for medicinal purposes. Airwheel is a much cheaper version of a Segway. I can now complete any course I play with almost no pain, and my Plantar is about 80% healed up.

Was it worth the almost $1400 I spent for the Airwheel?? ABSOLUTELY WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

That's a warrior.

I stand corrected. My hat is off to both of you.

I don't even want to mention the amount of time I've spent searching for a lost disc, or trying to retrieve one from a pond. And I don't mean a favorite or go-to or indispensable disc---just one I'm reluctant to walk away from, out of principle.

haha, I'm the same way :hfive::D

Fly/drive all over the country to play new courses when there are perfectly good courses near me... errr well there are courses near me anyway. Buying new discs when I have bins full of perfectly good discs sitting at home. Organizing them all by weight, color, speed, and stability - Honestly alot of crazy things. Too many to mention.

Finally, I'm not the only one.

I am a bit OCD about my discs and my storage, its sweet tho.

Here is an example of my OCD

Attachments

• DISC BAG - Winter -pic.jpg
    DISC BAG - Winter -pic.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DISC BAG - Summer -pic.jpg
    DISC BAG - Summer -pic.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 17
the good news:
After searching for 2 hours I finally found my 141g Pro Banshee X-out that, if I'm being honest with myself, I don't really care about.

the bad news:
poison ivy over 80% of my body including all of the most inconvenient places you can think of.

yeah, the things we do for disc golf :(

Of the many crazy things I do for the love of the game including buying new plastic when I have 300+ discs is driving long distances to play when I have a perfectly good course 10 minutes from my door. I drive almost 50 miles one way 2 or more times a week when there at least a dozen courses closer.

This makes me feel better about doing the same thing as you. And if it's driving to play shore winds or angry Apple it just makes sense

When Im home alone and settle down for a nice spank bank session. End up watching CCDG videos instead lol