• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The ultimate rich/lazy mans disc golf cart!

I've actually played a ball golf course they built a disc golf course on...it's no more now, but when it was around...it sucked. I thought the novelty would be fun, but it really was lame to be in a cart while playing disc golf...but I do enjoy having a cart in ball golf, but mainly bcs I live in Texas and it's generally not very shady on a ball golf course fairway...

But that being said, I do think i would be sweet if you had some land and an ATV to tool around your own disc golf course...I had this revelation when I went out to my ladyfriend's property and rode four wheelers. You may get off the ATV for a few holes(if say you want to have a few play in and back out of woods or somewhere with poor accessibility), but you could really space them out and get a wide use of the lands variety. This would be cool since the ATV would eliminate the irritation of long walks from hole to hole and the general inclination to have holes play one to the next. I would have given just about anything that weekend for a portable basket or two and my disc bag...

I don't think the PDGA will approve it for tourney play, but if you need a Segway to get around - use it. Even if I did have $7k burning a hole in my pocket, I don't think I'd spend it on a semi-off road Segway.
But for the disabled (not just lazy) I think it's great.
There are courses where it obviously would not work, but even in Charlotte (home of Renaissance Park) there are plenty of courses where it would work just fine (Kilbourne, Mint Hill, Sugaw, etc.).
I support it for the disabled, but not for lazy-*** people who can't stand to walk a few miles.

fly hyzer. Ideal Golf Ranch. I played it once just to say I've played disc golf using a golf cart. The course did suck. I got hammered, sitting in a cart drinking and walking around drinking are way different!

The idea of designing and building myself an electric, radio controlled, off-road wagon has been bouncing around in my head for a few years. Big enough for 4 or 5 bags and a cooler. The biggest hurdle was finding an ideal motor and battery. My girl just brought home an old electric scooter from her parents house last week. Now I need to figure out a radio controlled servo that is strong enough to turn the thing. I do design work at a machine shop for a living so I could defiantly get this done. I don't think I would ever really use it. It just sounds like a cool project.

Latest posts