• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Valkyrie, a discussion.........

Valks are so old and boring, though. Shouldn't we all be throwing some Italian blend plastic knock-off copy of a Valk so we can fit in with the young hip crowd?

What are the Valk rip-off discs anyway? DD Escape, DD Vandal, Latitude 64 Vision, MVP Inertia, Axiom Insanity, Streamline Lift, Discmania FD, Discraft Undertaker, Discraft Heat, Gateway Apache...

Hell the first Valk copy was the Discraft Wildcat, it's OOP and been replaced by other Valk copies.

None of them ever quite fly like a Valk, though.

Just a reminder that you should be throwing Valks

I just put that yellow Star with a wiped stamp in my bag yesterday that you gave me, conveniently timed bump lol

@3P old and boring is the worst, forget the Roc and Teebird too:)

No reminder needed. I lost the two pro Wraiths I had been bagging at the end of last season (**** Lake Arvesta). With no backups, I decided against more Wraiths and am switching back to Valks. Picked up 3 pros a few weeks ago. Since the Wraiths start out with more stability, I'll need to pair the Valks with something stable, but I've got a few options in the bins that could do that job.

It would have taken a minute to beat a fresh Pro Wraith into a turnover disc, but I just have to knock the new off one of the Valks and I'll have that slot filled again.

I grabbed a couple F2 halo valks recently. Finally getting warm enough to rip on them some.

These look and feel super nice. They fly pretty much like regular star Valks. That is useful of course, but I was actually hoping for a bit of extra stability. Oh well, they feel very nice.

iu

I left it behind near the stick in the hole in the fairway (wish I was kidding lol). Threw a second shot and managed to take the following picture but forgot to pick up my second drive, see attached:

Attachments

• stick 4.8.23.jpg
    stick 4.8.23.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 43
I did realize that I was down to two Pro Valks, so I picked up a new one. It's really glossy and slick, doesn't feel like Pro plastic at all. I figure I'll have to knock the shine off of it, so it might go in the bag in place of the Star Valk.

picture.php

My knees are totally blown and I don't get shots again until the 24th, so I don't think I'll get to throw before then.

iu

I left it behind near the stick in the hole in the fairway (wish I was kidding lol). Threw a second shot and managed to take the following picture but forgot to pick up my second drive, see attached:

giphy.gif

Picked up some Star Valkyries in 2021. Loved them. Decided to do some field work a few days ago after not throwing a disc since the end of the 2021 season. Warmed up with some mids and saw my shiny Valkyries waiting to be thrown. First full send drive in 1.5 years soared 395 feet. Beautiful slow turn to soft fade at the end.

I'll never keep them from their intended purpose for so long ever again.

I picked up a G-Star Valkyrie just to try it out and really like it. Flies very similar to my G-Star TL3, so probably won't bag both, but nice to have it handy.

Does anyone know how the Champion Glow Valkyries fly?

I did realize that I was down to two Pro Valks, so I picked up a new one. It's really glossy and slick, doesn't feel like Pro plastic at all. I figure I'll have to knock the shine off of it, so it might go in the bag in place of the Star Valk.

picture.php

My knees are totally blown and I don't get shots again until the 24th, so I don't think I'll get to throw before then.

i keep saying this about all the innova plastic over the last 6 mos to a year. Saw it with the 22 calvin destroyers and hawkeyes. seems to me like its a bit more overstable for all teh disc like add a +-5/1 to the fade

The Valk is the best distance driver nobody throws.

I am identifying with this more and more. I have been working on form after a couple years away. I have some mid 160s Star Valks that I am consistently getting out to the 380' - 400' range. The surprising thing is they fly almost identical in a 10mph headwind. Can anyone fill me in on what these will fly like after being broken in?

I am identifying with this more and more. I have been working on form after a couple years away. I have some mid 160s Star Valks that I am consistently getting out to the 380' - 400' range. The surprising thing is they fly almost identical in a 10mph headwind. Can anyone fill me in on what these will fly like after being broken in?

I would imagine they'd get pretty flippy. My oldest Valks would definitely land to the right when thrown over 350' (even when launched with a touch of hyzer).

I also haven't experienced much headwind resilience. Valks for me react to wind pretty classically (and are a good disc to learn wind effects on). I'd still consider launching a fresher Valk into a 10mph headwind, but I'd expect some extra flip.

And yes, I still love valks. I've got a couple fresher Halo F2s that are pretty fun to field work with. The grip on them is very nice. Some days I've been bagging lighter teebirds for distance instead of valks, but I don't regret it when I bag valks.

Every time I bring out my beat up orange DX Valk or my screaming neon yellow Star Valk, it's a great day.

Just came here to say the Valkyrie is THE disc to bag. It was the first distance driver I could get a full flight out of. I have about six or seven of them in different plastics and states of wear. I bag anywhere between two or three of them and throw them off the tee on pretty much every hole. My 167g Gstar is a hyzer flip machine and can get some nice turnover lines out of it. My pro Valkyrie is more stable and flies straight with reliable fade. Love this disc and I love that they're easy to get a hole of. I also have a Champ Valk with the DX stamp. It's one I haven't thrown much just bc it's more unique. Anyway, long live the Valkyrie!