• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The VOODOO BACKPACK IS COMING!!!

Again disappointed in material use in a bag company. 30 rip stop has no structure or rigidity. Ballistic as a base is a good choice but might as well make the entire bag out of it. 5 year warranty is not on par with Grip, Hyzerbomb, Physical Flight or Golf Mahal all offer lifetime warranties. No features in that list make it anything different than any other backpack. Unless the price is $50 cheaper than anything else I doubt it will be worth it with just a 5 year warranty, IMO.

I'm sure it will look nice tho, and I'm not bashing the bag just giving my opinion since I work in the textile industry and own the bags I have mentioned.

How is the storage laid out? Horizontally at the bottom a la Grip/Prodiscus/Mahal or vertically a la Ergo/Simian? Not boxy like the DD-Ogio bag/Revo Dual Pack I hope.

Sounds like a massive bag when you lost all of those discs. But you said the main compartment is 13 inches, isn't that like karma size? What current bag is the main compartment size comparable to?

Any idea when you will get pics up? Price point?

I understand the need for waiting for good pictures; but just really want to see it!

Also, "$200 is the price point on all 6 colors."

Hey DukDuk,

I'm pretty paticular in what we release and how it looks. I want great photos for you guys to see. Not a photo that looks like we are selling out of a canal :)
hope that makes sense. The disc golf community deserves great products and I think that the way they are delivered should be just in the same professional.

VDG-

k Thanks for the response, makes sense. I thought this was closer to being released. Obv you are far away from that if there isnt a good picture yet.

Also, "$200 is the price point on all 6 colors."

Hopefully that's inclusive of shipping.

Also curious if the straps are modeled after the Straight Jackets and will have the same cellphone pocket and earbud features.

One other thought: Voodoo's other bags have an adjustable liner for different capacities. If the Spinal Tap does, too, that's something to set it apart from the Grip or Physical Flight bags. Although Physical Flight may have one now...

Hey BillyR,

Just to clarify the 30D ripstop is what we use for the rainfly. We use it because its tough and can be stashed in a very small pocket. We toyed with the idea of making the whole bag of Ballistics however the 1000D Cordura has yet to fail on any of our bags. In addition I like the contrast between the two.

Ok that makes more sense about the ripstop, but why pay the same price or more for a bag with no lifetime warranty? especially when you say you have never had problems with the cordura? then why not warranty it the life of the bag? You can get the new release of the flak for $185-$190 with half the bag made of 1650 Ballistic materials, more colors and a lifetime warranty. Just hard to wrap my head around

Last edited:
Hey BillyR,

Just to clarify the 30D ripstop is what we use for the rainfly. We use it because its tough and can be stashed in a very small pocket. We toyed with the idea of making the whole bag of Ballistics however the 1000D Cordura has yet to fail on any of our bags. In addition I like the contrast between the two.

So i've read through this thread and have one question...

What is the "competition crushing" part of this bag?

Every company that comes out with something new will be crushing comp. duh ;) jk

Prodigys discs
voodoos backpack
tacobells dorito taco...ect

Ok that makes more sense about the ripstop, but why pay the same price or more for a bag with no lifetime warranty? especially when you say you have never had problems with the cordura? then why not warranty it the life of the bag? You can get the new release of the flak for $185-$190 with half the bag made of 1650 Ballistic materials, more colors and a lifetime warranty. Just hard to wrap my head around

I mean, 5 years seems like a good warranty to me...it's a backpack. :eek:

Isn't the grip good for "life"?

I don't own a Grip, and I haven't read the warranty clause. I would assume they offer a lifetime warranty for craftsmanship, not general wear and tear. In 5 years, a Grip will see some significant wear, depending on the golfer, which the failure of the bag can be attributed to, thus no longer qualifying for the warranty. Also, a lifetime warranty is only good while the manufacturer is still in business. If Grip EQ goes under tomorrow, kiss your lifetime warranty goodbye.

Lol i use the upper park shift best bag for the buck. I had a grip and hate it comepaired to the shift. Would love to check a voodoo pack.

I don't own a Grip, and I haven't read the warranty clause. I would assume they offer a lifetime warranty for craftsmanship, not general wear and tear. In 5 years, a Grip will see some significant wear, depending on the golfer, which the failure of the bag can be attributed to, thus no longer qualifying for the warranty. Also, a lifetime warranty is only good while the manufacturer is still in business. If Grip EQ goes under tomorrow, kiss your lifetime warranty goodbye.

So what makes you think Voodoo will be sticking around, compared to Grip which has foot hold in the market, i'm pretty sure the latter will be around longer. As for lifetime warranty of my Grip and Physical Flight bag they cover the bag from anything like seam ripping, zippers breaking or material being torn. Yes with general where you will get the bag dirty and the materials will be worn however at any point if that bag rips at a seam which you can get with general wear then you can get a new one. People are going to be really pissed with their Voodoo backpack that blows up in 5 years and then the guy who had a Grip or PF bag just gets his totally replaced for free and is walking around with a new bag. :\

BTW i like how i never got an answer for the reasoning behind a 5 year warranty vs. lifetime especially since he said they haven't had one issue with the bags material.

Latest posts