• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This latest/greatest rage is killing me

If I had a dime for evertime I had a kid ask me after outdriving him badly, what disc was that, I could buy a new Star Orc.

I wouldn't say the latest/greatest rage is killing me, but it is entertaining me :p

Played a round the other day and we spent so much time looking for Katana's. On one particular hole (494ft huge downhill) we probably spent 10 minutes looking for 2 different Katana's that both went into the wood and once we finally got down to the basket, I found my teebird...

parked :hfive:

I used to play the 2 longest holes on my home course for par. Since the Katana came out I've birdied both of them and frequently have birdie putts on them. An extra 50 feet over my orc/valkyrie came in very handy. I can only throw the Katana 350-375, but so what? It's still 50 feet further than I could toss the orc. It is what it is. It gets a place in the bag.

lol, you can only throw an orc 325' and have a katana in the bag.

I keep an Orc in my bag as a goal for once my D comes back. Right now 95% of my driver throws are T-birds and Vikings. If I need a little anny action I'll pull out a Sidewinder. Nukes and Katanas have no place in my bag. If I really need some extra D I'll just throw a roller and on my local bomber holes I can put a roller out to 500' pretty consistently.
Wow, you just put your Katana 400', too bad it was 100' off line so you still have a 300' upshot from a bad angle and I've only got 175' left in a straight line.

I gotta say my Star Katana is dead on accurate and the distance is great. However, it is lemon stamped and yellow, so that is why it works so well. We all know the stamp makes the disc, lol. As far as people chasing them or sending them off course, all the 'rage' players will do this no matter what the disc. We love watching the newer players come up with creative places to get discs stuck or lost. lol. Eventually they will quit or catch on and become good players. It's just part of disc golf, you can let it bother you, get a good laugh, or ignore it. But it's always gonna happen.

Latest posts