• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Thoughts on the new ti plastic.

if Johansen wins worlds, I bet this will happen.
He's the only one on team discraft throwing the comet I believe... Ron Russell was the last one before him.

I could see discraft maybe releasing other molds in TI plastic as fundraisers next year

Yeah a few weeks of play and its soooooo durable!

Come on, durability should come up after 50-100 rounds of consistent use.

I think a few weeks for Martin is probably 50-100 rounds. :|

I really like my "purple haze" Ti Buzzz I got from Doss. I spent a good 45 minutes throwing it with my 180g and 170g Z buzzzes as well as my 175 FLX Buzzz. It's a different animal from what I gather so far. My 180 Z takes a hard snap a lot better. But the Ti has a great amount of stability and workability when it's not totally ripped on. If I really crank it tho, it tends to turn more than desired. Anyone else have the same experience with speed sensitivity? I'm interested in how the Ti forces will perform. And I'm also hoping for a Ti Wasp!

I am also hoping for a Ti Wasp. I received a Ti Buzzz from GGGT on friday. I was hoping for a brighter color but got the purple haze one instead. I got the 170-172 weight one. It does hold a flat straight line well. When I really cranked it on a tee shot, It flipped over and turned to the right hard. I am going to test it out some more tomorrow on a more wooded course than the one I played today.

I also ordered a orange sunburst Ti Buzzz from Dynamic Discs middle of last week. I think it will be heavier. Maybe it will arrive tomorrow.

if Johansen wins worlds, I bet this will happen.
He's the only one on team discraft throwing the comet I believe... Ron Russell was the last one before him.

Cam throws comets too... I doubt MJ will be throwing ANY Ti plastic. And the Ti Stalker I just got will not make the bag.. It doesnt fly like a Stalker its much more overstable... Discraft makes other molds for that shot.

I think a few weeks for Martin is probably 50-100 rounds. :|

So after some quick math...

Martin is playing an average of 64 holes a day?

This would just meet the 50 round mark not the 100 rounds of use.

That's quite a lot of DG...seems unlikely.

If he is though, I would love to see the cannon this guy must have by now!

Cam throws comets too... I doubt MJ will be throwing ANY Ti plastic. And the Ti Stalker I just got will not make the bag.. It doesnt fly like a Stalker its much more overstable... Discraft makes other molds for that shot.

Actually MJ has 3 Ti discs in his bag right now (Buzzz, Force, Nuke)
I didn't know Cam threw them, per my discussion with MJ on Saturday - he said that he was the only one on team discraft still throwing the Comet, and that the Ti plastic was just a bonus for players who have won worlds.

I didn't know Cam threw them, per my discussion with MJ on Saturday - he said that he was the only one on team discraft still throwing the Comet, and that the Ti plastic was just a bonus for players who have won worlds.

This is true. Ti will only be in molds for World Champions. If you want a comet MJ is going to have to win in Charlotte.

Interesting he seemed pretty adament about not throwing a week or so ago. but things change

Damaged to my Ti Buzzz
picture.php

Put a little too much mustard on it trying to hit a gap 100' away. Hit the corner of the 4x4 and took a bounce into a tree trunk. Looked like it would've cracked a disc for sure but just put a lil gash in it. Used a lighter to melt and patch it up. Flies the same.

IMO, the Ti Buzzz'z work great from the fairways but I'm having a little trouble pulling off the "touch shots" that I usually use the buzzz for when I'm close to the circle. Maybe it'll change with warmer temps and when it gets a little beat in.

its similar to goldline, not the same. the ti has some nice pearliness to it along with the swirls that goldline has. it also seems more durable than goldline. ive been throwing my stalker for a while now and i could probably pass it as unthrown.

It IS the same. The owner of discraft goes out and buys a few boxes of latitude discs and some months later Ti is released. Simple reverse engineering.

I got my ti buzzz and loved it at first but it seem to be holding too much. I have also already cut a huge chunk out of it and it has got little chunks of sharp metal have pierced thru it causing little pin needle sized holes. Where the metal came from i do not know it looked like rusty needles when thru it. Also its messed up my throws with buzzzs that ive been hiting crazy shots with for like a year multiple aces on em

You know this?? Have any proof??

wouldn't it just be easier to ask the company supplying the plastic if there were other available plastics instead of buying a "box" of discs? When we need steel with a certain characteristic we call suppliers and ask. We don't go out and buy a truckload and get it "reverse engineered".

I think discraft was to busy making the disc visualy dance in the sunlight that they forgot the buzzz is a disc with very strick and particular flight pattern people are used to. Thing flys like a comet it just holds if you ask me.

Latest posts