• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throwing a Teebird vs a TL

Another question: Does your TL have any flash on it?

TLs are much easier to control than the TBs I've thrown. Granted I've only thrown the high end plastics for either. DX is almost a waste in this area as the harsh terrain tears up plastic quick.

Like others have mentioned just buy another DX Teebird if you want it to fly like a DX teebird. There is nothing wrong with throwing DX stuff.

Why does nobody ask about the weight of the TL?

In general...
A heavier TL (175) will be more overstable than a light one (160)
A heavy TL may seem like a meathook comparey to a bead in dx Teebird.
A Champ TL is usually more overstable (in my experience)

I have a couple of TL's that are very overstable. One is a 175 star, and one is a 175 Champ. Both are quite a bit more overstable than my seasoned star Teebirds.

Weight is very important in determining how overstable the disc may seem. Many of us don't have the arms for max weight discs.

As far as the weight, the Teebird is (165) and the TL is (168). I went out this weekend and played a few rounds throwing both on every hole, and I also tried using the "Climo" / fork grip. I was able to get the TL to fly straighter this time. I think with some practice I can get the TL to fly how I want. Thanks to everyone for thier input.