• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thumberless in Austin

Bogey Member
If you can throw a thumber this hole is not too tough. I can't throw a thumber any thoughts on how to play this? The basket 221' out and to the right. :wall:

Attachments

• Georgetown #3 tee.jpg
    Georgetown #3 tee.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Georgetown #3 basket.jpg
    Georgetown #3 basket.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 72
One thought:
Flick an understable disc with good glide (Comet, beat Roc) and hyzer it into the basket.

I use gravity as my friend on that hole. I throw a high turnover with a leapard and throw it right up the gut but quite a bit higher than normal to take the trees out of play. Since it's a leopard it turns over easy but since I put enough height on it, it has time to come back and will drop straight down near the basket. It's a hard shot because you have to fearlessly turn a disc over into an area where you could easily lose it in the shule. You just have to be agressive and trust gravity and physics. DO NOT put any anny on it or it will never come back and there's no telling where it will end up.

either a BIIIIG anny or a BIIIIG flick hyzer. or lay up in the fairway at the bend with a big putt for bird or an easy 3.

\/\/

I use gravity as my friend on that hole. I throw a high turnover with a leapard and throw it right up the gut but quite a bit higher than normal to take the trees out of play. Since it's a leopard it turns over easy but since I put enough height on it, it has time to come back and will drop straight down near the basket. It's a hard shot because you have to fearlessly turn a disc over into an area where you could easily lose it in the shule. You just have to be agressive and trust gravity and physics. DO NOT put any anny on it or it will never come back and there's no telling where it will end up.

I would have to second this. That is exactly how I would throw this one. But if the basket is pretty far to the right, I might even use a Stingray.

Is that Rivery Park?

yes

D-Wane im going with a putter on this one saturday left of the gut with a slight anny. I know you throw leopards so the leopard post might be the ticket for you.

Thought so. Looks like hole 3, which I think I threw my Aerobie Epic - but came in hard left and two putted it. I love that course though - holes 9-11 are so frickin cool!

Latest posts