• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Varies, they're always less overstable though.

I want the less overstable. I like the feel of the flatter ones. I had a champ that was beaten to perfect hyzer-flip thunderbird. It was abused by a chucker before it was given to me. I eventually lost it. I don't have disastrous collisions with things often enough to beat up my current champ thunderbird. It's still perfect for most thunderbird duties but I need that flip that 2 years of chucker abuse gives a disc. That's why I'm thinking Gstar.

I want the less overstable. I like the feel of the flatter ones. I had a champ that was beaten to perfect hyzer-flip thunderbird. It was abused by a chucker before it was given to me. I eventually lost it. I don't have disastrous collisions with things often enough to beat up my current champ thunderbird. It's still perfect for most thunderbird duties but I need that flip that 2 years of chucker abuse gives a disc. That's why I'm thinking Gstar.

Gstar or Pro, Pro Thunderbirds do mold up quite nicely. Can't go wrong with either plastic! Pro tends to (not always) start more overstable than Gstar but beats in quicker...from my personal experience it's more a grip/feel thing than anything else.

YMMV

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chucker

Not sure how you're using this word. It could be anything. I'm leaning towards "one who beats the trash out of thundys" based on context but I'm lacking confidence in this guess.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chucker

Not sure how you're using this word. It could be anything. I'm leaning towards "one who beats the trash out of thundys" based on context but I'm lacking confidence in this guess.

DG chuckers are the noobs people complain about typically.

Won't let a single or twosome play through, listens to loud music, talks while people throws, doesn't stand behind the farthest from basket to shoot, doesn't return a disc WITH INK, throws an Xcal or NukeOS because "a Destroyer is way too flippy", dogs off the leash, litters (especially beer cans), umm...

Also elmex lol

"Chuckers" in my book are those overconfident in their ability, over-geared, over-willing to try that same bad shot idea again sort of guys. They used to beat up Thunderbirds really well. They've moved on to other molds these days trying to catch that hype train.

I have 2 168g Gstar Thunderbirds coming in the mail. I'll let y'all know if they're flat or domed.

The two 168g Thunderbirds are not board flat and not super domed. In other words, perfect looking Thunderbirds. I look forward to throwing them. I hope they have a bit more turn than my seasoning Champ.

Maybe these that just dropped are for you
https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/champion-color-glow-thunderbird-henna-blomroos-tour-series

From Pro Shop FB post:
Henna Blomroos is sticking w/the Thunderbird for her 2nd year in a row, but with a 2023 twist. Selecting the Champion Color Glow Thunderbird, & making the modification to lessen the fade & mellow out the dome compared to her 2022 Halo Thunderbird. Pairing a Henna Thunderbird w/a Halo Thunderbird can cover a wide variety of forehand & backhand shots.

Were folks not brand loyal, this would be a disc anybody could make good use of in the bag.
Kinda like the Buzzz.

Were folks not brand loyal, this would be a disc anybody could make good use of in the bag.
Kinda like the Buzzz.

My inner DC self is actually debating bagging my seasoned Champ ThB again especially after some field work with a fresh DX.

Latest posts