• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Just throwing this out there but what are the thoughts on the Avenger being similar to the Thunderbird?

Just throwing this out there but what are the thoughts on the Avenger being similar to the Thunderbird?

Not very close. Avenger doesn't have the glide or line shaping ability especially when new. I trust the Thunderbird much more on any throw that has to be accurate. It really excels on low ceiling tunnel shots too. Feels so easy to snuggle it up right next to the basket.

I feel like I've written this post several times already, but here it goes again.

Aside from having less HSS in the wind, its fade is abrupt. Once it's done flying forward, it's turning left and finding the ground immediately. The PD is going to keep fighting for distance. Even with the differences in fade, the PD has a stronger fade. Kind of weird how that worked out really.

I actually find the PD to be a better line shaper because I can throw it on a greater range of release angles and know it's going to fight back. I've also been throwing it for many years though.

I don't know what he threw on 6 or any other hole so I'm not saying he threw a Thunderbird and it turned on him; maybe he'll pop in here and tell us. I just know whatever he threw wasn't stable enough and more than likely had he thrown a CPD it would of held that line much better.

Orange and Red double stamped. Fly dye was the FB.

Whenever they get done designing the 3x McBeth stamp so his name can go on it.

Aside from having less HSS in the wind, its fade is abrupt. Once it's done flying forward, it's turning left and finding the ground immediately. The PD is going to keep fighting for distance. Even with the differences in fade, the PD has a stronger fade. Kind of weird how that worked out really.

This is my experience as well; instead of the forward fade you get with the PD the thunderbird just kind of dumps at the end.

So are they going to do a production run of these in champion or star plastic? Whats the deal?

Not only is this the perfect way to describe its flight, but I believe this is perfectly the best way to compare the T3 to the Teebird. Well the Teebird3 just dumps at the end of its flight while the Teebird just kinda goes

Jolly Launcher is just their current version of Champ plastic. If there's a production run done in Champ, it'll be Jolly Launcher.

Not sure about this, you might be right but the Jolly Launcher stuff seems different. Im not sure every disc is molded with it. Those FAF firebirds way flatter and harder than any other champ discs in other molds.

Not sure about this, you might be right but the Jolly Launcher stuff seems different. Im not sure every disc is molded with it. Those FAF firebirds way flatter and harder than any other champ discs in other molds.

When I talked to Eric at the factory store about it (asked initially about my opaque pearly FS Cheetah - which he assured me was JL), he said their current Champ plastic is JL regardless of whether the disc is crystal clear or cloudy. He also said that the "JL" clarity is the result of a lot of factors that some times just don't happen. It was a pretty interesting conversation.

Consider the recent Polecats. In order to make max weights, they had to add a weighting agent to the plastic. That's why the lighter weights are clear, but the heavies aren't. This doesn't even get into the pearly streaks in the BSF MD2s I have or the JL PDs I have that don't have completely transparent rims to match their flightplates.

I have some of those Firebirds, and they are indeed incredibly firm. They don't seem any firmer to me than a lot of new Champ stuff I've gotten though.

Was the Asia Open release JL?

Are they Champ plastic?

Last edited:

Latest posts