• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ti wasp ~

I got a 177 blue today, and man that thing is cash. Going to pick up one of those dayglow yellow ones like booter has tomorrow. Anyone think that dropping a few grams in weight would change the flight at all?

mine is a 173 and its still beefy enough to handle wind ..kinda curious to see how low i can go in weight til it changes the flight

I got a 177 blue today, and man that thing is cash. Going to pick up one of those dayglow yellow ones like booter has tomorrow. Anyone think that dropping a few grams in weight would change the flight at all?

I don't think a few grams will make much of a difference but I did notice a little bit of variation in the shoulder and dome on the different colors in the order I fondled today. The Blues and Silvers were the flattest. The orange, purple/teal, greens, and rusty/red, and other weird colored ones I saw all had a little bit of dome or a little bigger shoulder and a very slightly lower PLH.

The different colors do appear to produce different shapes in these discs, but all the Blues were the same shape, despite weighing anywhere from 170-177+. Whether that's a product of the coloring agent or just a timing thing, I don't know, but there is going to be some variety in the flight of the different colors/shapes I imagine. Some of the Nukes were drastically different in shape. Greens and Golds had huge poppy top domes like an X Nuke while some of the other colors were super flat, and others had medium domes.

Last edited:
all of them have that flashing,even the stock z wasps as well.

anywho,i threw my lime wasp yesterday and today,man its nice and stable at that weight. i love it,reminds me of my fresh kenny glow rocs :) . i can throw it hard and it wont turn unless i force it,even then it wont hold for long.

Yep, z wasps have sharp flashing. It wore off mine naturally. At first it was ridiculous... Now it's one of my favorite molds.

scooped up two more ti wasps just now n these are even brighter!!

20120922_145435_zpsdf2939b7.jpg

After throwing a handful of rounds with my 177 blue Ti Wasp I'm a little disappointed it isn't more overstable. I did a side by side comparison with the whole shipment of Ti Wasps that came in at my local shop and these had the highest PLH (although by a very slim margin). I was hoping for a beefy Wasp, almost like a Wasp/Zone hybrid, but it's flying more like a slightly seasoned DX Roc. Still has a predictable slow fade and skips nicely on low hard hyzers but it doesn't flex out of anhyzers very quickly. I really like the shape of the disc and still think it's a winner but it's hardly any more overstable than a fresh Z Buzzz.

hardly any more overstable than a fresh Z Buzzz.

I would have to strongly disagree with that. Both of my max weight blues fly like a good Z wasp.

Anyway, if a Wasp is too beefy won't it fly more or less like a hornet?

I would have to strongly disagree with that. Both of my max weight blues fly like a good Z wasp.

Anyway, if a Wasp is too beefy won't it fly more or less like a hornet?

Disclaimer: I'm not a regular Wasp thrower so I have no experience with a "good Wasp". I do throw Rocs though, and my Wasps fly like a Roc that's hit a few trees to tame the fade just a touch. It has a very slow fade and pretty good wind penetration and HSS for a mid, but the stability gap between a Z Buzzz (.5) and my Ti Wasp (1.5) seems to be a lot less than the difference between a Z Buzzz (.5) and a Z Comet (0).

FWIW I doubt I got a dud because, like I said, I did a comparison with every Wasp (20ish) that came in and it's PLH was a hair higher than all the rest and it's got a nice flat top, no dome but not concave.

I was hoping for something closer to a Hornet but with the nice shape of the Wasp! I still think it's a decent disc but it didn't throw like I was expecting.

Well if your hoping for a beefy wasp close to a Hornet, I have heard they exist in the newer circle-stamp Z plastic. They should be noticeably different when you feel them up. But they are not referred to as the "good wasps".

Good Wasps are Roc-like in terms of stability. All of mine are pretty similar, if not a touch more stable than any DX rocs that I have thrown.

I rip my fresh Ti's nice and flat with as much power as I want without seeing high speed turn and a predictable fade the last quarter of the flight. It'll hold a turn if you give it some power on an anny line and, again, break out of it toward the last quarter of the flight, flatten out, and get some fade depending on how much height you gave it.

You can find beefy circle stamp Z's. Or the concave top, Raspberry Ti's are the most stable for Ti that I have encountered.

To give you some reference, my max weight Raspberry has a higher PLH than my max weight Blues, which I imagine are the same as yours.. The Blues have a PLH at the same height as good Zs.

I was throwing mine in some pretty substantial winds on Saturday and it perfomed quite well. I was very pleased and will be making a permanent spot in the bag for it.

I was throwing mine in some pretty substantial winds on Saturday and it perfomed quite well. I was very pleased and will be making a permanent spot in the bag for it.

Seconded... I threw mine in a 13~15mph headwind on Sunday and it flew dead straight, no turn whatsoever, with a little fade at the end. Mine is a 174 flat orange. It's definitely earned a permanent spot in the bag.

I have a Ti wasp that got flippy really fast on me. It's a yellow one like Booter posted earlier. The thing is less stable then my Z buzzz now. The other one I have (blue 178) is still plenty overstable. Anyone else have this happen?

I found that some of the 173ish range get more understable. Not flippy, they still have enough HSS to resist a turn and burn, but definitely not like my flat Z.

By the way, the Ti Wasp has become my amazing forehand roller disc. It's like playing freaking darts and bowling at the same time!

I found that some of the 173ish range get more understable. Not flippy, they still have enough HSS to resist a turn and burn, but definitely not like my flat Z.
Exactly. Mine kinda just drifts right if thrown flat with power. Won't turn and burn, but defiantly not stable like a wasp should be.

Buzz , comet ,etc....

So , I'm Innova only due to 2 shops in town.

Bought a Buzz and WOW!

Got a Comet and I don't throw my Buzzz anymore. I can play Comet only rounds on my local course now ! Man , that thing is straight to the chains ! Sometimes left , sometime right !

Please let me hijack this and say ' I love these mids !'

Retired my fav Roc cuz I think it's gonna break and the Comet is killer straight !

Not familiar with DC , but should I pick up a Wasp, Hornet and what ?

My new Star Roc is getting pushed out , am I missing out on something that goes straight to the chains ?

And my home course is tight woods , short , and punishing if ur out of the fairway.

Sorry , but thanks , Discraft seems to be the equalizer to me noob hanging with the boyz !

i had been throwing the pain as my overstable mid and threw wasps prior to that. lost a pain a few days ago and decided to get a ti wasp to replace it since people seemed to think they were more overstable than a lot of the z wasps in circulation. i snagged a 176 pearly pink and tossed it today in some pretty massive gusts and it did just fine. i also picked up a concave z zone (popped my zone cherry) and was surprised how uneffected it was in a headwind.