• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ti Wasps

If these turn out to be even close to as stable as my dwindling stack of first runs then I am definitely a buyer (especially if I can get some in the hawt pink color!)

Just bought a ti wasp last night and I'm really looking forward to throwing it. I also have a ti buzzz coming,they will be my first discraft disc.

I'll try the ti wasp if they're nice and beefy like the older ones.

Got a Ti Wasp at Glass Blown. They are EXACTLY like the old beefy stiff Z Wasps.

I got a lime green 173-174 (the only weight they had). Perfectly flat, and very stiff.

Zero high speed turn. Laser straight w/moderate overstable finish.
I've always loved my stiff Z Wasp (slightly meathookish for a midrange) and this Ti is a clone of that disc.

If Discraft was smart, they would call this a Buzzz OS. B/C they'd sell a whole lot more of them. I know the Wasp is OG and the Buzzz is just a modified Wasp, but the Buzzz way overshadowed it in popularity.

---
Ti Ringer x4

Ti Rattler plz..

I think it's funny that Nate Doss got his name on the Buzzz since I don't even think he throws them. At least he didn't as of a few years ago. But they probably gave mccabe the wasp too because the Buzzz SS sells much much less than the Buzzz.

Sounds like Discraft needs to get some of these into normal retail channels so I can try these things out!

pg043 said:
I think it's funny that Nate Doss got his name on the Buzzz since I don't even think he throws them. At least he didn't as of a few years ago. But they probably gave mccabe the wasp too because the Buzzz SS sells much much less than the Buzzz.

Doss does throw the buzzz and surprisingly the wasp as well.

BLURR said:
...Doss does throw the buzzz and surprisingly the wasp as well.

Yep, but don't forget that he gets the pick of the lot from Discraft.

pg043 said:

From what I was told the Buzzz SS wasn't molding properly in Ti...

From what I understand, The Ti Buzzz SS was too understable. The first two Ti Buzzzes I bought from online flipped like a worn Buzzz SS. So when my local Play It Again sports got a shipment of Titanium Stalkers and Buzzzes, I got a Silver Buzzz and a Gold Stalker. The Silver one flies like a Buzzz should. It doesn't flip over like the Gold and Purple ones I got online. So I have been investing in gray and silver Buzzzes. The Stalkers are overstable, which I like. Too bad the Z Hornet wasn't as stable, or I would have kept one.