• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tiger Woods Wii hits stores tomorrow

So, is there one course for the DG, or multiple courses? Can you play a round of DG on any of the BG courses in the game?

Yea, you can play DG on all the BG courses. None specifically for DG in this game.

From the IGN review of TW10:

And it doesn't end there because Tiger 10 Wii features two more gameplay-extending modes sure to keep you glued to your television for weeks and months to come. The first is Disc Golf, exclusive to the Wii title. It's a lot like Wii Sports Resort's dog frisbee, actually, and it's incredibly fun. The game is best enjoyed with the MotionPlus peripheral, which reads all of your subtle movements and translates them realistically to the screen in near-real-time. You simply press and hold the B-Trigger to grab hold of a frisbee, twist it around in your hands and you'll see all of your movements reflected perfectly in the game world, and then throw. Voila. The title accurately measures your angle, your speed and your release point for a Disc Golf experience that feels very real and extremely satisfying. It's so good that every editor who played it in the weeks leading up to my review came back to my desk and asked to play again and again. It's so good that if EA were to release it as a separate game, I'd probably recommend it. Amazingly, you can play through all 27 courses in Disc Golf mode. The only drawback to the component is one that only becomes evident after you play the same mode in Wii Sports Resort. While the frisbee physics in EA's title are certain good and realistic, they're not quite as satisfying as those in Nintendo's title, whose frisbees glide longer and hang more realistically in the air.

From what I've seen of the gameplay physics, there's some improvement that could be done...we all know discs don't quite bounce and spin like their spherical cousins, and wind should affect discs exponentially more than balls...

I'm still gonna buy the game for several reasons: 1) I haven't bought a TW game since the PS2 2007 version. 2) My kids are thrilled at the prospect of being able to play DG any time they want, not just when dad isn't working and feels like driving somewhere. 3) Looks much better than that DG Flash game I've seen all over the Internet.

I got the game today and it is pretty awesome! Everything is in yards so when you thro and it says you thru 150 its in yards not feet. It is pretty tough but a lot of fun. I played Pebble Beach DG course first and it was pretty sweet

Okay first impressions of the game. First off the new motion plus attachment is pretty friggin sweet. Makes things seem very realistic. I also like the fact that you can play all 27 courses on the game even though it starts you up in the fairway for each hole. Also, the game is beautiful, but that is typical TW golf.

Now the negatives - you can't throw forehand!!! Also, you have driver -150 yds, midrange 75 yds, and putter 20yds. Basically if you throw it 100% that's the distance you can expect. The hard part is throwing it a 3/4 or 1/2 speed, because you really have to slow down. Also, 10-17 yds - is almost a 100% made putt every time. But if you're inside 5 yds it's tough because you have to literally aim down or you hit the bar - which happened multiple times. Also, no matter who wins the hole - play always goes in the same order, which I think, sucks.

Given all of that - it's still pretty cool, so I imagine we'll be drinking and playing well into the night.

Okay first impressions of the game. First off the new motion plus attachment is pretty friggin sweet. Makes things seem very realistic. I also like the fact that you can play all 27 courses on the game even though it starts you up in the fairway for each hole. Also, the game is beautiful, but that is typical TW golf.

Now the negatives - you can't throw forehand!!! Also, you have driver -150 yds, midrange 75 yds, and putter 20yds. Basically if you throw it 100% that's the distance you can expect. The hard part is throwing it a 3/4 or 1/2 speed, because you really have to slow down. Also, 10-17 yds - is almost a 100% made putt every time. But if you're inside 5 yds it's tough because you have to literally aim down or you hit the bar - which happened multiple times. Also, no matter who wins the hole - play always goes in the same order, which I think, sucks.

Given all of that - it's still pretty cool, so I imagine we'll be drinking and playing well into the night.

Can we play online?

I don't think you can play DG online. It doesn't track the stats for DG as far as I know either.

Hopefully this stirs up some interest from other developers to make a similar DG game... from what I have read online most developers are having trouble implementing the motionplus technology so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed. Anyone have any further details on the game the PDGA is supposed to release, I believe they said it would be a WiiWare title.

The fact that it will be a Wiiware title doesn't really give me a lot of confidence in the final product but I'd love to be proven wrong.

What we need now is a Tiger Woods course reviewer. That way I know what courses to play when I get it and which courses to stay away from.

i got it!....its pretty F'n cool!! Its alot of fun and the new wi "motion plus" definatly makes the movement ratio ALMOST 1:1. the only thing i dont like is, the discs you throw in the game are 150yrds 75yrds and 25yrds (which means your driver can go 450feet+)......ive bombed a few 150+'s with the wind and elevation, and the way the camera is and the way the discs fly....it doesn't seem like im throwing 450 ft...I know that if i threw a nice straight drive 450feet ...even 350 it would seem to glide forever... and you get that magical feeling as your disc dances and floats in the wind. You just don't seem to get that when you bomb a disc.....it dosent gracefully glide to its resting place. usually seems to die in the air and fall.....other than that its really fun and a good first attempt at a DG game. definatly pick it up when you get a chance. If people like it, i can definatly se EA putting more time into the DG aspect, with stats, upgrades, more discs, real discs,etc.

Allround...pretty awesome....the real golf is pretty cool too....the live weather feature is neat!

My wife and I played 18 last night. overall it was fun but not as fun as the real thing. My wife said three interesting things though:
after winning by ten strokes "Now you know how I feel on the real courses,"
"I think this will improve my putting on the real course (any throw on the wii is just like a smooth putt in arm motion)"
& "I think this will in time level out my arm on my drives."
This is why I bought this game. if over time it improves my throw or helps me get my wife to join me more on the course, this will have been a great purchase.

If the game could actually help you practice for the real thing it would be awesome.

Latest posts