• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Total newbie in Lehigh Valley PA

Pachrosaurus

Hi everyone!

I just discovered disc golf a couple months ago, quite literally stumbling upon the Jordan Creek course! It looked fun, so I grabbed a couple discs from a starter kit...and now I'm totally hooked lol. I don't get out nearly as much as I'd like, and I usually play by myself; I'm pretty new to the area as well.

I'm just stopping by to say hi and introduce myself! I'd love to find some people to play with that don't mind a total newbie with them.

Thanks! I'm pretty excited to be a part of this sport and forum!

Welcome to a great sport! I have only been playing a few months but play and practice a lot. You will improve quickly if you work at it. Buy a practice basket if you can to practice putting; it shaved a ton of strokes off for me. Ask questions here as most people are eager to offer tips and check Youtube for videos; there are a ton and they really help. Have fun!

Look up the Lehigh Valley Disc Club on Facebook. There are random draw doubles every Friday at South Mountain. Its a good place to start.

Yeah, club tourneys are fun and you'll learn a lot even if you're playing with another noob.

Look up the Lehigh Valley Disc Club on Facebook. There are random draw doubles every Friday at South Mountain. Its a good place to start.

This ^^. Even if you don't want to play tournaments or dubs, there are always people looking to play a round.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! Don't know if I'll make it out to South Mountain today with the forecast. But I'd love to catch a round sometime this weekend if anyone wants to join me!

Hi everyone!

I just discovered disc golf a couple months ago, quite literally stumbling upon the Jordan Creek course! It looked fun, so I grabbed a couple discs from a starter kit...and now I'm totally hooked lol. I don't get out nearly as much as I'd like, and I usually play by myself; I'm pretty new to the area as well.

I'm just stopping by to say hi and introduce myself! I'd love to find some people to play with that don't mind a total newbie with them.

Thanks! I'm pretty excited to be a part of this sport and forum!

let me know I have a group of friends and we are based out of Bethlehem.

welcome from South Florida! I grew up in Allentown and still have a working knowledge of all the great courses out there!