• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] tremor

I really like the Tremor for wooded holes!

A good, firm, flat throw at 50-70% results in a flat straight shot that turns about 50ft down the fairway. Nice sweeping turn, the disc stays flat and does not angle in and crash (I'm sure you could crash it if you threw too hard). It holds the line to the ground and does not fade back from what I can tell.

I'm still learning this disc but I think it will be just what I needed for wooded holes where I need to throw an anhyzer shot.

It's not a buzzz or a roc, it's a speciality disc, that does its job very well.

It's not a buzzz or a roc, it's a speciality disc, that does its job very well.

This is an important thing to remember with some molds. Not every disc is trying to be the next Teebird or Destroyer. There are niche lines that require niche discs.

Besides, this is the only disc I'll hand to a beginner. Such a useful tool!

This month's DiscMember disc is a Flex Blend Tremor. Looking at it, it made me wonder how it compares to a Comet. The Inflight Guide shows this as quite a bit more understable. I'm looking forward to throwing this, although it will be a while because an ankle sprain.

Anyone else get one of these? Also, any thoughts on discmember? Is it worth it and is the "special blend" cool and interesting?

TIA

got one from DM it is z flx basically like the mold the DM one is a touch more stable then the proline that I tried a while back.

I got a first flight misprint one, How do these fly?

give it a nice, flat, gentle touch. it will fly smooth and give you a sweeping HS turn and will hold it to the ground.

if you want a longer flight before the turn, throw it on a hyser release, it will come up flat, then move into the HS turn.

dont throw it into the a strong wind and dont crank on it. throw it about 50-60% power

it is a sweet, gentle disc that will reward you with beautiful lines if you show patience and restraint.

how do they compare to this years ace race disc?

Slower, more traditional midrange. Fairly understable, most players will hyzer flip this. This years Ace Race disc is faster, more fairway driver rim. They are for sure different. I would say the Ace RAce disc is more stable

My buddy throws mostly DGA - He busted out the Tremor this past weekend. Its pretty darn understable. It can fly fine but for my personal tastes its too understable. id say its 5/5/-3/1 if using innova terms

The tremor is amazing. If you can play the finesse game, you have to try it. I got a special edition glow tremor in a player's pack, and I'm not sure I've ever thrown a disc so glidey and understable that does not want to flip all the way over and roll. If you don't have a good sidearm, this disc might be your answer. It wants to stand up and start moving right in a hurry, but it floats, and holds the turnover all the way. I wasn't able to get it to hold dead straight without powering way down on a hyzer. Don't be fooled, this isn't a comet, but man oh man, it does what it does so well.

Tremor came in the mail. It's the DGA equivalent to new Ti, and 170-172g. So yeah, flippy! In fact after years, literal years searching for a premium mid that hyzerflips easily off the shelf, this is it. Didn't get a chance to really compare it much to other mids as far as distance goes, but man, this thing delivers on the early turn I've been looking for. Even with my rusty January form, this thing was turning over like a dream.

EDIT: Note that I own and have tried a number of "flippy" mids like the tursas, vertex, meteor, warrant, comet, mako3 (last 2 to a lesser extent obv) and probably a few I'm forgetting, and none have given me the training-wheels brainless easy turnover I'm getting out of this thing. This is the one you want, rusty-armed woods-playing dads!

I got a special edition glow tremor in a player's pack, and I'm not sure I've ever thrown a disc so glidey and understable that does not want to flip all the way over and roll.

I'm bagging a glow Tremor b/c it's a bit more stable, but it's not quite as glidey as the Proline. It's a useful disc in the woods, especially with standstills and uphills.

First throws with the tremor today. . very easy to control, US but not "turns into the ground flippy"
Not as US as my Big-Z STING. . .more like a new Z Archer

Really like it , definitely one of the best US mids out there. . i have tryed most of them. . i own..Warrant, Meteor, Archer, Tursas, Stari, M4, Foxbat to name a few

Need a few more rounds with it against my Archers and Stings. . but i think its going to make the bag

I got to test the two first run Tremors (~176g) the other day and I will say that I have never seen such a combination of under-stability and glide. First toss out of the car I threw it with some nose up hyzer and it went about 300', almost dead straight start to finish. Throw these with any sort of nose flat to down angle and they are are turning for sure. I was getting the same flight backhand as I would with an overstable disc forehand with the Tremor. Very tough disc to get dialed in with the amount of hyzer required to control the flip.

For reference I can throw a Comet fairly well, and have no issues like turning and burning them, so I'd like to think I'm not putting a ton of OAT on these.

The Tremor is for sure the best "I don´t have a FH but i want that kind of FH flight when i throw BH" Disc :)

Tremor is hands down the most reliably NEW flippy disc I've ever thrown. It's also SUPER comfortable.
Hyzer flip to turnover magic. I can throw this thing 50 feet in the air with moderate power and it STILL keeps turning. I only throw forehands if I HAVE to, and this disc completely fulfills long turning shots up to about 325 feet for me. Never leaving the bag.

I bagged a first flight one for a while, one with the Joy Division basket stamp. Unfortunately lost it on a hole, great shot hut the gap with the turn I wanted but just could never find it.

Replaced it with a Pro Line one and it's nowhere near as understable, it's maybe at an slightly seasoned Comet level, is there a plastic that's a little less stable for these?