• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Trilogy version of a Destroyer

I'm looking for either a star wraith heavier the better. Also I have a disc that I've asked several times to people and no one can give me an answer to what this disc is. It's Innova factory second X out and just had the abbreviation SPD & 175 on the back.. any ideas?? And how much could I sell it for??

If you're trying to get someone to sell you a Wraith, you need to pay your $5 for a crown and post that in the Marketplace. The disc looks like a factory second Discmania S-Line PD (Innova does the molding for Discmania, which is why it says Innova X-Out on it). As to how much it's worth, I have no idea, but I doubt very much. It looks to be older, but I believe older runs of C-Line PD's are much more sought after than S-Line, so I doubt you get more than $10 for it. Still, someone else on here might prove me wrong.

To the OP wait a couple of destroyer runs and I am sure one of those will fly exactly like something Trilogy has. Hey they may even have several discs that already fly like different era destroyers.

Btw the best destroyers I can't get rid of are the pre pre avery ones that were molded at the San Marino facilty on second shift during sunset. At that point the drying racks were full and an employee who owned a BBQ trailer for weekend work would pull that up and they would dry them on the meat rack. The easiest way to tell if you have one is they all taste like mesquite bbq if you lick it. Some of them were stamped Tee-Rex...

But they are perfect.

To the OP wait a couple of destroyer runs and I am sure one of those will fly exactly like something Trilogy has. Hey they may even have several discs that already fly like different era destroyers.

Btw the best destroyers I can't get rid of are the pre pre avery ones that were molded at the San Marino facilty on second shift during sunset. At that point the drying racks were full and an employee who owned a BBQ trailer for weekend work would pull that up and they would dry them on the meat rack. The easiest way to tell if you have one is they all taste like mesquite bbq if you lick it. Some of them were stamped Tee-Rex...

But they are perfect.

Yum. The mesquite bbq Destroyers sound like some tasty plastic. :D

Many people are searching for the perfect disc that flies just how they want brand new. Personally, I find it more rewarding, and even valuable to have a disc that you can beat into the spot you want. You learn the disc much better this way and know how its going to fly. I typically start OS, ie, Enforcer or Defender, and break it into a straighter disc. Never have to 'search' for that particular mold that will be different by the time a new 'run' is made and the disc changes.

i would have to say that the giant and gladiator are the closest to a basic destroyer. feldberg threw lots of destroyers back with innova ,he threw giants for the longest time when going to trilogy and now he throws the gladiator(co designed by him?). the defender is similar in feel and flight but a little more Os than the other 2 mentioned, lots of people throw them in various plastics like destroyers are thrown.

i would have to say that the giant and gladiator are the closest to a basic destroyer. feldberg threw lots of destroyers back with innova ,he threw giants for the longest time when going to trilogy and now he throws the gladiator(co designed by him?)..

What's the difference between the Gladiator and Cutlass?

ive never thrown one but the specs show the only difference is .1 cm and inbounds flight chart suggests that they are the same but it looks like the gladiator might have a little more fade.

Attachments

• 23e43120-4bb6-4ba2-9188-b6c793c9f6b9.png
    23e43120-4bb6-4ba2-9188-b6c793c9f6b9.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I'm looking for either a star wraith heavier the better. Also I have a disc that I've asked several times to people and no one can give me an answer to what this disc is. It's Innova factory second X out and just had the abbreviation SPD & 175 on the back.. any ideas?? And how much could I sell it for??

If you can't throw it 500 feet on a pure hyzer, then it's just no use.

Oh also it's a Discmania S-Line PD (Power Driver).

Many people are searching for the perfect disc that flies just how they want brand new. Personally, I find it more rewarding, and even valuable to have a disc that you can beat into the spot you want. You learn the disc much better this way and know how its going to fly. I typically start OS, ie, Enforcer or Defender, and break it into a straighter disc. Never have to 'search' for that particular mold that will be different by the time a new 'run' is made and the disc changes.

Yeah I figured I'd see rocs in your sig...

I like the idea of this but man, anything above DX takes so long to break in! I played a short wooded round this last weekend throwing 4 discs on each hole that were in need of some beating. None of them are quite there yet.

DD made the Raider to "destroy" the competition, so definitely a Raider. But I don't think he even threw Raiders. I remember Enforcers, Pioneer, Felon but I don't think Raiders.

I bag 6 destroyers and I've recently been trying to convert over to the trilogy brand discs. I throw roughly a 500 foot hyzer and my max distance maxes out at around 620. I only throw very overstable pop top destroyers what can i get that can replicate that in trilogy?

There's approximately a zero percent chance that anyone on this thread took this post seriously.

I can't get over the fact that this reads like a straight up troll post and it actually happened to be a ~17-18 year old with elite pro power.

Great job this week, man.

And Ballista Pro. You know, the one traveling 600' on a hyzer...

Yeah those too. I'll mention that the next time I talk about him throwing 600 ft hyzers...

Ha ha ha, best necrobump ever! :D

This dude has some serious form. Those Ballista Pro flicks were crushed and he looked like be barely threw them. I love his 70s hair too, just needs a good handlebar moustache. I've dubbed him Recede Frescura.

Amazing bump. I'm already a fan, great performance in LV! Looks effortless.

I was amazed to see a pro with my walk-up. Our mileage certainly does vary though.

Great necrobump sidewinder.